AP Stats - so how was it?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: AP Stats - so how was it?
By Jason817 (Jason817) on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 07:26 pm: Edit

Well I took it today after a year of being taught by the worst teacher ever and falling asleep every other day. I thought the multiple choice was okay, not hard not easy (but shouldnt there be more math, I hardly used my calc...this was much easier than the prac tests from previous yrs). THe free response however, was pretty damn hard. I never even did the last question and the one on the stupid medicines/plan 1 plan 2 questions sucked.

Although, I really didnt learn anything the whole year so you all must have thought it was easy. I can imagine because I actually knew enough to pass without basically ever paying attention in class so I can see why its considered one of the easiest.

By Auburnwareagle (Auburnwareagle) on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 07:33 pm: Edit

ditto except i did number 6 and not number 5

By Welshie (Welshie) on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 08:18 pm: Edit

MC was easy, as was the FR, but, as you mentioned, the increased emphasis on concepts rather than the math/formulas constituted (in my case at least) longer responses for each question and thus I ran out of time. I was able to trudge through 1-3 no problem, was cranking through 4 when the lady announced that we should start on 6 so I did 6 and that pretty much depleted the rest of my time.

-Jesse

By Jshifton (Jshifton) on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 08:45 pm: Edit

Just a friendly reminder, that we must not discuss anything about the multiple choice, and nothing about the free response for a couple of days.

I thought the test was rather easy. There were a few tough questions, and I agree most of it was concept oriented.

By Netmet (Netmet) on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 09:02 pm: Edit

anyone know where we could find a recent grading rubric for the test?

By Dalaboy (Dalaboy) on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 09:19 pm: Edit

it was so wonderful to start the test an hour late, because ap spanish test took too long:p
but overall i think the free response took waay too much time, i barely finished in the time they gave us.

By Simplistic44 (Simplistic44) on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 09:21 pm: Edit

MC grading rubric: [(answers right) - (.25 * answers wrong)] * 1.25

FR 1-5: score * 1.875

FR 6: score * 3.25?

Add.

68-100 = 5.

-------------------

Would be surprised if I received anything less than a five. Our teacher is an AP Stat national grader and is on the TI advisory board, giving us the 2000, 2001, and 2002 AP exams. MC was easy, Q6 was difficult for FR.

By Flippanda328 (Flippanda328) on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 09:46 pm: Edit

I thought the MC was extremely easy. FR was not too hard, problemo was TIME. I had to write at full speed just to finish everything on time.

Compared to the free response sections of 2003, 2003 form B, 2002, 2002 form B, today's test was much harder. I hope the cureve reflects that

By Jolt21 (Jolt21) on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 09:54 pm: Edit

MC, i know i got at least 3-4 wrong and left 2 blank..everything else i was pretty sure on..the MC, i BOMBED one of them (we can't discuss certain problems am i correct?), but at least i got #6...o well, im pretty sure i got the other ones right..

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page