!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~NEED HELP ON A.C.T~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~NEED HELP ON A.C.T~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Bodayo4u (Bodayo4u) on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 06:57 pm: Edit

I NEED HELP I am about to take the A.C.T for the FIST TIME I am a 9th Grader, what do you all recommend me to read, these are my classes
HONORS I english
Algebra I
Biology
MISSISSPPI history

what do you all recommend me to read or do????

By Rbc13 (Rbc13) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 06:40 pm: Edit

For the ACT I studied grammar websites, practiced reading english passages, read over my geometry book and would have read my precal book, but algebra is too easy, and I read some science passages. (Note I didn't put ACT test, a common faux pas as it would say American College Test test, and make sure to learn difference between its and it's, possesion v. it is respectively). If you aren't familiar with algebra, I would reread the book and take notes. The test itself is not very hard, its the fact that we are sprinting through the questions that makes it tough. I would then take some practice tests on Getting Into The ACT, pretty good book. But don't worry, you have 2 or 3 years to prepare.

By Okrogius (Okrogius) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 04:08 pm: Edit

I wouldn't recommend taking it as a freshman in algebra 1.

By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 05:49 pm: Edit

I do. The more you take it, the better you'll do. Read AP-level books and develop your math skills.

By Katiya (Katiya) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 11:57 pm: Edit

Do you seriously take Mississippi history? As in, the history of the state of Mississippi??? WTF!?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page