OUTRAGED AT SAT- PLEASE READ

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: OUTRAGED AT SAT- PLEASE READ
By Sulskman (Sulskman) on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 09:58 pm: Edit

Kids took the same SAT today that we took on saturday because they needed extra time. I was talking to ppl who took it. Worst of all, there are smart kids who know doctors and get fake notes that they need extra-time which gives them an unfair adavantage. Plus, they can just come on here and see answers. The ETS is so incompetent, wouldn't you think for all the money we pay them, they wouldn't be cheap and actually write new exams once in a while?
Guys, this is HUGE lapse in test security. Should I call ETS or would it fall on deaf ears.

By Mr_Sanguine (Mr_Sanguine) on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 10:04 pm: Edit

lol they worked on the test again today? Is this wide known in your school, or is it something only a handful of people know of/do?

By Aliasmatrix (Aliasmatrix) on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 11:28 pm: Edit

There are many cracks in the system which ETS could never posibly fix. This is one of those. What would happen if some honest kid really has a problem and ETS wouldn't let them take it at a different time, ETS would most definetely get sued. This is one reason that they would change the rules.

This topic might intrest you:

http://www.collegeconfidential.com/cgi-bin/discus/show.cgi?69/66676

By Nyc33 (Nyc33) on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 11:33 pm: Edit

omg i know its the biggest bs in the world people invent fake learning disabilities and get extra-time...the system makes me sick

By Feuler (Feuler) on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 12:14 am: Edit

What is terrible is that there really are kids with learning disabilities and need accomidations that lose credibility because of these little bastards taking advantage of the system.

By Paulhomework (Paulhomework) on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 12:20 am: Edit

WTF ? the same freaking SAT that we took last saturday? the same feakin SAT that was taken april 2003 also? OMG that's just dumb by the ETS. no wonder California schools wanted to dump SAT from admission process. I bet their too greedy to actually spend money writing new tests. dumbasses

By So_Cal_Ib (So_Cal_Ib) on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 12:48 am: Edit

...wait what school actually lets you do that? they just went to the proctor with a fake note?

By Kitkattail (Kitkattail) on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 12:53 am: Edit

Fake notes would be great. I've always envied people whose parents are doctors.

By Xiggi (Xiggi) on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 12:59 am: Edit

The real culprits are the organizations (mostly ADA) that successfully lobbied The College Board to STOP flagging the tests given to people with ADD.

There are clinics in California that OPENLY advertise for clients and offer the fake notes. But they are not alone ... east coast prep schools have HUGE number of kids who "discovered" the illness the day TCB stopped flagging the tests.

Good deeds are never left unpunished!

By Northstarmom (Northstarmom) on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 06:26 am: Edit

What I suggest is that you call your local newspaper or, if your local paper is too small to care about this, e-mail an education reporter at a major newspaper and tell the person what has been going on, including with the same SAT test being administered several times.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page