AP World Multiple Choice Practice?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: AP World Multiple Choice Practice?
By Lm4hb (Lm4hb) on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 08:06 pm: Edit

Any suggestions for practice MC questions for the AP World exam? It seems to me that "Regents" does not have the level of difficulty and subject matter appropriate to the AP exam.

By Coolwar (Coolwar) on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 08:18 pm: Edit

It is undeniable that the Regent's test is TOO easy for the AP exam. But the "types" of questions are strikingly similar to those on the AP exam, with emphasis on comparing and contrasting things. Also, the explanation after each qyestiion is very good for the information necessary for the AP test. If you are bored with them, try all the PR and Barron's tests, and you should be fine.

By Titanz05 (Titanz05) on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 08:40 pm: Edit

you know you can purchase the actual APWH MC test from 2 years ago.

our teacher got it and let us take it today and... i have one thing to say about it.

IT WAS EASY. i got a score of 57/70 minus 2 points deducted for wrong answers.

so thats a score of 55. I dunno how to go from there but.... im just happy.

The questions were like... "which one is monotheistic" (Islam, Hinduism, Zoastrianism, All of the Above, None of the Above) and stuff

By Mehere (Mehere) on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 09:17 pm: Edit

hey titanz, how far has your teacher gone? did he or she finish the course with you guys? and how do u usually do on practice tests for barrons and pton review?thx..

By Titanz05 (Titanz05) on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 10:22 pm: Edit

we finished the stearns book.
I do sort of well on the practices test. But the Barron's and PR practice exams in the back of the book are much harder than the real deal.

The only thing im worried about are the essays.
But they will be very leniant.

No worries
Love is freedom.

By Thereishope (Thereishope) on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 11:02 pm: Edit

I heard last year's essay avg was only around 4 outa of 9, thats wut my ap teacher told us. and in additoin, we have covered only half of the sterns book, but me and some frnds are doing self study and can get around 60% right on the pton review and around 70% on barrons... do u think we should xtill be working on mc or start prep for the essay portion.

thx

By Conker (Conker) on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 05:26 am: Edit

Titanz, if it's easy, why didn't you score higher? I don't mean to put a damper on your excitement at receiving a five-bound score, but getting 10/70 questions wrong is not great by any means.

By Gmf05 (Gmf05) on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 06:45 am: Edit

Conker - With any AP history class, it's difficult to be very comfortable with every topic presented. I am in AP US right now, and I would certainly agree that anything around 60 questions right (even on the 80 question US History test) would be impressive. The test is designed to test you in all of the areas you learned, so if there is even one area that you're not totally comfortable with, it's easy to miss 3-4 questions or more.

By Conker (Conker) on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 08:46 am: Edit

I just finished another practice AP US exam (from 1996), and I got another raw score of 74 (I scored the same on the 2001 exam). I'm getting an A- in my AP US class, while many of you are getting A's. I understand that the test is difficult and that it is intended to be this way (thus accounting for the lenient curve), but I cannot fathom how you guys are doing worse than I. I am no history genius nor a diligent student.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page