Ap calc bc

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: Ap calc bc
By Mk1o3o (Mk1o3o) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 08:44 pm: Edit

ok this message is kinda late...but im wondering what i should do to prepare for the calculus BC exam. Ok, i basically know how to do almost every problem. it's just the time factor. i'm way too slow. what kind of practicing should i do before wednesday and what book do you guys recommend? thanks a whole bunch.

By Mk1o3o (Mk1o3o) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 08:48 pm: Edit

bump

By Smiliekat (Smiliekat) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 08:52 pm: Edit

go through the Free Responses on ap central. that'll get your more prepared/confident.
relax..its not hard. just sit back and apply yourself.
and also word of advice: dont get so caught up in calculus that you forget algebra cuz some problems will ask you for answers requiring algebra
dont overthink it.
but like go through all the FR's they offer.....its helpful and FR's take up a lot.

By Madd87 (Madd87) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 09:10 pm: Edit

If you get them all right, don't worry about it, just work all the ones you get to. You only need a raw score of 80 out of a possible 108 to get a 5. Each FR question is worth 9 points and each MC is 1 point each, with a .25 point penalty for missing it. The MC score is multiplied by a factor to make it out of a possible 54 points as well. The two scores are added together to get your raw score.

Also on the calculator section, there are often questions that you can do quicker without a calculuator. Recognize those and that will save a lot of time.

By Athlonmj (Athlonmj) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 09:13 pm: Edit

80?!?!? I'm pretty sure it's only around 65 raw to get a 5.

By Starbucks (Starbucks) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 09:16 pm: Edit

yea, i caught that too

By Sarasote (Sarasote) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 09:28 pm: Edit

yes u only need 65 ish it ranges...65 is usually the highest it has been

By Mk1o3o (Mk1o3o) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 09:50 pm: Edit

thanks for all the responses. its calmed me down a little... to improve my speed, should i just go through practice exams?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page