SAT vs SAT II

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: SAT vs SAT II
By Jlaws30 (Jlaws30) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 07:27 pm: Edit

Which test is more important to colleges? I will likely have a much better score on the SAT II, because im sure that i got a 750 + on the math IIc. I also took writing and US history and probably got in the 500-600 range for each. (I know that these are low) I got a 1210 on the SAT I, and I know that I could do better, so should I focus more on improving my SAT I score? If i could only take the SAT I or SAT II once more, which one should I take? Thanks for any advice.

By Hertish (Hertish) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 07:29 pm: Edit

I heard that SAT II's r more important

By Jlaws30 (Jlaws30) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 07:45 pm: Edit

I got a 540V/670M on the SAT I. Say I get a 550 on writing and a 550 on US history for the SAT II. If i could only take the SAT I or the SAT II again, which test should I take? I am a Junior who would like to get into a UC BTW.

By Jlaws30 (Jlaws30) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 08:09 pm: Edit

bump

By Plshelpme (Plshelpme) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 08:15 pm: Edit

I would say SATs by far. SAT IIs are important, but not all schools require them. If you could only take one and you think you definately can do better on the SATs...then take them. I dont understand why you can only take one though...theres plenty of time and if you get wait listed for applying early action or something, then you can always take what you need and keep sending them your scores. But SATs are far more important in my opinion and SAT IIs seem to be more of a tie breaker.

By Jlaws30 (Jlaws30) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 08:43 pm: Edit

Thank you Plshelpme. That is what i thought too. The june test is not an option, so I will take the fall SAT and use the summer to study.

By Jlaws30 (Jlaws30) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 10:34 pm: Edit

Any more input?

By Jlaws30 (Jlaws30) on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 10:03 pm: Edit

Bump, I would like some more advice.

By Davidn08 (Davidn08) on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 06:37 pm: Edit

if you take the SATI in october and SATII in november, both sets of scores will almost definitely make it on time (the colleges get the scores like a week after the exam)

if you dont think you'll do well on these SATIIs, maybe you should choose a new one to take, maybe physics? if you're a math guy, it'll be easy, and even if you havent learned it in a class, you can self-study, you have the whole summer... the curve is beautiful (raw score 63/75 = definite 800)

(and yes, SAT1, much more important)

By Jlaws30 (Jlaws30) on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 08:43 pm: Edit

I am in AP physics, but for some reason at my school, they split this class up in two years. First year, (which I am in now) is mechanics, and second year, (next year) is Electricity and Mag. So how much of the SAT II has E & M, and how much is Mechanics?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page