REALLY SICK on the day of AP exam?! HELP NEEDED!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: REALLY SICK on the day of AP exam?! HELP NEEDED!
By Whartongirl (Whartongirl) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 05:52 pm: Edit

I caught a terrible cold this weekend (high temperature, cough and running nose - I am dying :-(
I don't think I will be able to recover before my AP exam on Tuesday. So i wonder if there is any way i can reschedule the exam and take it a few days later?
please give me some advice

By Binarystar (Binarystar) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 05:54 pm: Edit

Talk to your AP coordinator of your school immediately. I think they can sometimes let you take it later if the circumstances warrant it (like if you want to take two exams that are on the same date).

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 05:55 pm: Edit

the make-up week for AP exams is 1-2 weeks after.

By Dalaboy (Dalaboy) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 05:56 pm: Edit

oh wait, so if you r taking 2 aps on one day they could let you take a make up on one on a different date?

By Commonsense (Commonsense) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 06:12 pm: Edit

i think that making up is for exams on the same date at the same time

By Wishful_Thinker (Wishful_Thinker) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 06:29 pm: Edit

Dalaboy/Whartongirl...talk to your counselor abt your concern.

our school doesn't do make-ups unless it's the case that commonsense mentioned.

By Wishful_Thinker (Wishful_Thinker) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 06:29 pm: Edit

Dalaboy/Whartongirl...talk to your counselor abt your concern.

our school doesn't do make-ups unless it's the case that commonsense mentioned.

By Sasha1221 (Sasha1221) on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 06:12 pm: Edit

wtf!!!!
i didn't go to school today or take the AP because i was really sick. i couldn't find anything on the internet about the ap's sick policy, but i assumed if there was a fee it wouldnt be that bad. well, i just got a call from the AP woman saying that i would be charged the $80 for the exam i didnt take, an additional 25$ fee for not taking it, and another $80 if i wanted to take it on the make up day. this is all apparently becasue she haas to order the makeup test so late. WTF WAS I SUPPOSED TO CALL HER A MONTH IN ADVANCE AND TELL HER I WOULD BE SICK???

this really doesnt seem fair to me. i would rather not take the test and not have my parents pay more in additon to the 5 billion dollars its already cost them for me to take these stupid tests

By Red88 (Red88) on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 06:45 pm: Edit

sounds like your school is ripping you off. There are make up dates just for that reason. You don't ahve to pay twice. The make up exam just replaces the original exam.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page