Ap music theory!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: Ap music theory!
By K0w (K0w) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 01:17 pm: Edit

i just noticed that barely neone's taking music theory (in the disussion board i mean). so to the few ppl who are, how r u studying?

By Smiliekat (Smiliekat) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 02:15 pm: Edit

uh. i suck at listening.
i know all the theory stuff but err as far as how i might be studying?
practice sight singing out loud at home, listening to some dictation practices just to get the basic trend, and look over all the vocab you've encountered this year...especially with form...i bet you'll be asked that a lot.
good luck.

do you know about the curve on the test?
thanks

By K0w (K0w) on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 01:04 am: Edit

theres a curve? please, tell me!

By Conker (Conker) on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 01:12 am: Edit

I'm self-studying the class without a textbook, so it's pretty hard for me to practice realizing figured bass. I think I should be fine with the multiple choice (I'm pretty sure I can get less than 10 wrong). I'm also pretty sure that I can score perfect on the Melodic Dictation and Sight-Singing. I usually make a few mistakes on Harmonic Dictation, especially with Roman Numerals (is it ii6 or ii6/5? that sort of thing). I'm hopeless when it comes to figured bass, and I can write excellent (as in 10-scoring) bass-line compositions or average ones (6-7) depending on the complexity of the melody. I thought the 1998 one was insanely difficult, but the 2001 one seems very easy...in fact, suspiciously easy.

By Conker (Conker) on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 01:15 am: Edit

Oh, and the curve on the test.

In 1993, it was:
137-200 for a 5

In 1998, it was:
120-200 for a 5

By K0w (K0w) on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 02:23 am: Edit

wow that just made my day! but is there a formula to calculate ur score? i got a 70/80 on the 2001 mult choice, but i never really calculated section II. i think i did pretty good at everything like u xcept for the harmonic diction. too many notes! o well, thx for the input!

By Conker (Conker) on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 03:21 am: Edit

Where did you get the 2001 multiple choice?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page