Writing SO HARD?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: Writing SO HARD?
By Whtx (Whtx) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 11:14 pm: Edit

I got a 70 on the PSAT writing and have generally done okay on practice test. On a barron's practice test, I got a "Very Good" score. However, today's test was crazy. I was only up to my 2nd or 3rd paragraph when time was called. The multiple choice was very very hard. OMG!

By Vtoodler (Vtoodler) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 12:01 am: Edit

Have you been practicing SAT writing lately? The PSATs were in October and, since then, it is possible to "lose your brain power" as crazy as that may sound.

By Andrew123s (Andrew123s) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 11:59 am: Edit

If you take it again, if you finish MC early, you can go back to the essay.

By Smiliekat (Smiliekat) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 02:18 pm: Edit

no you cant. they don't let you to.
my test administrator specifically said that we'll be disqualified if she sees us working on the essay after 20 minutes is called.

By Noleafclover (Noleafclover) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 02:45 pm: Edit

That's actually really bizarre because my proctor told us twice that if we finish the multiple choice early we can go back to the essay. My friends at other test centers were allowed to as well.

By Mehere (Mehere) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 02:48 pm: Edit

yeah me too

Btw, if this test was so hard, how mcuh will the scale change?

say for EG, if one can get 10 on essay and 7 wrongs to get 800, will this one be like 10 on essay and 9 wrongs?

By Chamonix (Chamonix) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 02:49 pm: Edit

Yeah, that is weird. You can definitally go back and review your essay for minor errors.

By Shaka (Shaka) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 02:53 pm: Edit

yup, i asked the proctor specifically about that and she said we can go back after we are done with MC...she read this to us on the directions...

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page