Help...SAT IIs...Which Ones?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: Help...SAT IIs...Which Ones?
By Plshelpme (Plshelpme) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 11:02 pm: Edit

My guidance counselor has said that I "need" to take the SAT IIs in June and to cancel my SATS. My first question is how long do I have for that? Secondly, I was wondering which one to take. I have taken standard physics, chem, bio, lit, us history, world history, etc. But I really dont feel confident in any one. I can honestly say that physics is my highest scoring and my most recent successful class (high 90s...but its standard). Anyways after looking at some posts and looking briefly at the collegeboard website..it feels like I have learned any physics, or anything for that matter. It seems like you need to be in AP to get anything decent on these tests. Does anyone have any suggestions?-- I have a month before I have to take them. So basically I have little time to study and I feel pretty helpless in every subject, but im considering literature, us history, and physics. Any suggestions?

By Miscgrl (Miscgrl) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 11:09 pm: Edit

Take whatever you 1) feel more comfortable with and 2) feel you could spend a lot of time in the next month studying.

A month can be a lot of time if you're committed and consistent with your studying. If you feel like you really want to relearn the subject really well you can use Barron's, just dont get too depressed b/c for many of their books the material is way harder than the real thing, but the good thing is that then the real test seems a lot more breezy.

Also, you can always use 10 Real SATIIs so you can gage (very realistically) how you would do on that test.

Good luck!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page