What the hell am I doing wrong?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: What the hell am I doing wrong?
By Bahnstormer (Bahnstormer) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 08:21 pm: Edit

Hello everyone. This morning (Sat. May 1) I took my first SAT, to tell you the truth I think I did horribly. If I get a 1000+ I'll consider myself to the luckiest person on the face of this planet. What I want to ask you guys is, what can I do to get a higher score? The thing is, that when I take a practice SAT at home or in a class I usually get between 1300-1400, and when I take a test at some "official place" (which this time consisted of a freezing cold cafeteria with a moronic proctor who couldn't tell the difference between 9:10 and 9:20) I do horribly. I guess it's because I'm really environmentally sensitive or something... I don't know. All I know is that until I get the score I'm aiming for (1250+) I'm pretty much going to be miserable. What should I do?

By Tired_Student (Tired_Student) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 08:52 pm: Edit

You could cancel the score so you wouldnt have to worry.

Then take your practice equipment and go the that official place (ask a teacher or something that you want to do this afterschool or something)

Hopefully you'll get comfortable and used to the situation.

By Binarystar (Binarystar) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 08:55 pm: Edit

How big is your school? My school is pretty small, and if you have such a problem with the environment, they can give you your own 'private' proctor and exam room.

By Shhh (Shhh) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 08:58 pm: Edit

you cant pick your test place? i tested in a classroom

By Bahnstormer (Bahnstormer) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 12:14 am: Edit

No I did pick my test place, but it wasn't at my high school. It's at some huge school and I was in their cafeteria. How would I go about doing this private room thing? Would I have to pay extra? I don't necessarily have to be by myself, I'm alright if it's a small amount of people. But if it's in some huge room I've never been in before and it's freezing cold, for some reason I just can't focus.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page