SAT II.. which science should i take?!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: SAT II.. which science should i take?!
By Yoeng (Yoeng) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 05:53 pm: Edit

I just took the SAT II Writing and IIC today and im trying to finish all my SAT II's in June. Which one should I take?!

By Amitoman (Amitoman) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 05:55 pm: Edit

that's a pretty vague question

it depends mostly on the classes that you are taking right now. I'd suggest taking Chemistry if you are currently enrolled in Chem, or physics if you're enrolled in that.

i have heard the physics curve is very generous though

By Yoeng (Yoeng) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 06:00 pm: Edit

I'm taking physics right now but I'm not doing too well in that class so I don't know if I want to take that.

and if you could tell me what book to study from that will be awesome..

By Ubercollegeman (Ubercollegeman) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 06:47 pm: Edit

Historically, people do way better on Physics than on Chemistry or Biology. It goes Physics >>>>>>> Chemistry > Biology in my opinion in terms of easiness according to scores and people I know. However, I've never even touched a Chemistry textbook before, so I'm not sure about that one. The Physics SATII is definitely easier than the Biology one though.

By Davidn08 (Davidn08) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 07:39 pm: Edit

it all lies in the curve... physics, raw score 60-65/75 is 800. if you read the barrons book and the princeton review book, and take practice tests, you'll get 750+... (however, 750 on physics is like 83 percentile, i dont know how concerned colleges are about that)

By Yoeng (Yoeng) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 11:48 pm: Edit

hm.. what book would you guys recommend for the physics SAT II's?

I'm trying to get started for the June testing.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page