Ignored

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: Ignored
By Vtoodler (Vtoodler) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 04:45 pm: Edit

How many people are frustrated because they are constantly ignored by this "forum"? You'll post something and it'll be there for weeks, and no one except for maybe northstarmom will respond with a helpful comment; although hundreds of people use this forum. I don't mean to whine, but what's the meaning of a forum where one is constantly ignored?

By Starchybean (Starchybean) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 04:47 pm: Edit

Boohoo. A lot of people get replies. Maybe it's just you.

By Amitoman (Amitoman) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 04:48 pm: Edit

thats what bump is for.

it happens to everyone.

it's happened to me tons and tons of times, but i just bump the message back up and someone gets to it. be patient.. there are a lot of people here

By Averagemathgeek (Averagemathgeek) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 04:50 pm: Edit

Well, that is life. Wouldn't it have been funny if noone replied to this thread?

By the way, did you notice the amount of threads being deleted recently?

By Shaka (Shaka) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 04:50 pm: Edit

you will be ignored more these couple of days cuz of the SAT postings

By Lisasimpson (Lisasimpson) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 04:52 pm: Edit

c'mon guys.....i was hoping no one would reply to this

that woulda been funny!!

By Amitoman (Amitoman) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 04:54 pm: Edit

you're right..

oh well, too late now

By Shaka (Shaka) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 05:01 pm: Edit

LOL damn that WOULD Be funny LOLOL (so wrong lol)

By Vtoodler (Vtoodler) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 05:01 pm: Edit

I don't think that it'd be funny at all because I'm pissed. Please tell me, how do you feel when people ignore you? Maybe I should be there so that I can laugh at you when they do. Would that also be funny?

By Amitoman (Amitoman) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 05:16 pm: Edit

who really cares? have you never been ignored in your life? it's a part of life. get over it. geez. it's just a messageboard

By Starchybean (Starchybean) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 05:18 pm: Edit

Yeah, sorry for replying first, but I figured someone would reply and I wanted to be first so I had to go for it :P

Quit your whining vtoodler, if you don't like it, you can just go somewhere else, right? Like amitoman said, it's part of life. Get over yourself.

By Vtoodler (Vtoodler) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 05:49 pm: Edit

I'm sorry I don't mean to whine but:
1. not replying wouldn't have been funny, shaka, anitoman, averagemathgeek
2. I'm just frustrated that people either don't respond or reply with a bull*8%t comment. I'm not the only one. Just ask Lilpnoiromeo.

Yeah being ignored is a part of life. Being bullied and cheated are also a part of life but we shouldn't do anything; we should just get over it. Right??

By Amitoman (Amitoman) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 05:53 pm: Edit

look on the bright side..

this thread makes up for all the attention you never got on this forum.

i think a moderator should delete this thread..

By Averagemathgeek (Averagemathgeek) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 05:56 pm: Edit

First off, you have ignored AverageMathGeek. I was the first one to say it would be funny if people ignored this thread yet you do not mention AverageMathGeek in your first point.

Look's like the supposedly oppressed is actually an oppressor.

By Tired_Student (Tired_Student) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 06:01 pm: Edit

hey Vtoodler you know i'd help you if i could. Yeh people get ignored but hey people only reply to things that they know information about or thing that interest them.

Anyway I dont think its just you because I never look at who posted the thread, i just read the content.

By Vtoodler (Vtoodler) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 06:15 pm: Edit

Thanks, tiredstudent. Finally a voice of reason. You do have a good point.

Everyone please don't gang up on me. I am not the villian here. It's people who like to deride others that are the villians.

Look averagemathgeek, now I've edited my post and included you. Does this make you happy? Now you can get back to your equations.(just kidding)

"i think a moderator should delete this thread.."
--why, because you can't handle the cold truth. Please don't reply because you aren't helping matters. (sorry to be brutal)

By Lisasimpson (Lisasimpson) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 06:24 pm: Edit

uhh looks like vtoodler is still ignoring lisa

By Lisasimpson (Lisasimpson) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 06:24 pm: Edit

uhh looks like vtoodler is still ignoring lisa

By Feuler (Feuler) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 06:25 pm: Edit

HAHAHA this thread is hilarious.

Vtoodler, this is a message board. People post where they want to post. If they don't feel the need to post on a particular thread, they have committed no crime against you. Whether they don't have the time, don't care about what you have to say, or just don't like you personally is totally irrelevant. Get over it.

Your use of the dramatic words "voice of reason," "cold truth," etc. to describe such a situation resembles a six-year old boy taking Parker Brothers to the Supreme court because he never wins Monopoly.

By Amitoman (Amitoman) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 06:27 pm: Edit

Vtoodler

No one wants to help YOU. We ignore YOU on purpose, Vtoodler. Sorry.

is that what you wanted to hear? man, grow up

By Vtoodler (Vtoodler) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 06:38 pm: Edit

taking someone to supreme court for losing monopoly: my situation. what a brilliant analogy feuler. lol VERY FUNNY. your use of parallelism simply intrigues me.
"Your use of the dramatic words "voice of reason," "cold truth," etc". Stop it, gosh you sound like my crazy English teacher. Besides, that's not dramatic. that's the way I talk.

It's also interesting how you didn't shed light on this dramatic comment: "this thread makes up for all the attention you never got on this forum."

By Amitoman (Amitoman) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 06:49 pm: Edit

you should feel proud.. your post is among the top in having replies.. not counting SAT threads

no need to complain, is there?

By Feuler (Feuler) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 06:55 pm: Edit

You know, "LOL" is used lightly on the internet, but in this case I really am laughing out loud.

I have better things to do than refute what you said (I'll leave the "voice of reason" to tiredstudent, haha), so I will leave it at this:

I recommend that you acquire the following as soon as possible:
-A life
-A sense of humor
-A girlfriend

By Vtoodler (Vtoodler) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 08:32 pm: Edit

It's interesting how you say that I don't have a sense a humor yet you laugh out loud. Furthermore, I'm a girl and having a girlfriend is not something that I'd desire.(no offense to anyone who believes in same gender relationships). And I do have a life.

By Amitoman (Amitoman) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 08:35 pm: Edit

You're a girl?

Well, i guess that explains the whining and complaining and your dire need of attention at all times.

*puts on armor*

By Tired_Student (Tired_Student) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 08:42 pm: Edit

Come on guys leave Vtoodler alone. I dont know about you guys, but if I ever talked to a lady the way you guys are talking to her, my parents would sure give me a few licks

By Amitoman (Amitoman) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 08:49 pm: Edit

ok, i'm done from this thread forever.

By Northstarmom (Northstarmom) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 09:02 pm: Edit

Vtoodler,
I don't think that people have been ignoring your posts, thought I understand why you feel they have been.

Curious about your concern about being ignored, I did a quick search to find out what kinds of things you were posting. What I noticed was that when you posted on subjects that most people know about such as general comments about the SAT, you got responses.

Where you didn't get a lot of people responding were to the questions that few people here are able to answer. Specifically, those were your questions about ESP, National Merit, and about some Missouri program that was very specific to that state.

This is because very few black people (and probably few people from Missouri) seem to post on this site. The few black students who do often don't know that much themselves about, for example, how National Achievement decisions are made and when those decisions come out.

ESP appears to be a very obscure program. I had posted on these boards and on non CC boards about it and never received any response. I have Googled it, too, and have not been able to find anything except our exchange of posts and the info that's directly on the U Wisconsin site.

Anyway, despite some of the teasing that has gone on on this thread, I don't think that people have been shunning you or anything. My advice is to stop reading and relying to this thread so it dies a natural death.

I also think that perhaps some people here were a little rough on you because your name sounds like a guy's name. A guy who asks the kind of questin that you did here is likely to get teased by other guys as being a whiner because the question sounds like something a girl would think of. Women in general pay far more attention to nuances in relationships than do guys. It's always amazing to me how my sons and husband ignore things in relationships that many women including myself would obsess about for days.

By Northstarmom (Northstarmom) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 09:05 pm: Edit

One last quick comment: If one has obscure questions, probably the best place to get answers is the parent's board. The parents often know about things that students don't. If they don't know the answer, parents also often have suggestions about how you can get the answers.

There are two major reasons that threads don't get many responses: either other posters don't know or aren't interested in the subject (though ignorance on a subject doesn't always stop a poster from posting, as I all too well know) or the original poster puts up a thread title that is completely non-interesting or non-descriptive and which, as a result, doesn't draw many posters to read it in the first place.

--Moderator Obiwan

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page