Help! Should I cancel SAT I?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: Help! Should I cancel SAT I?
By Laurenh87 (Laurenh87) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 12:31 pm: Edit

I know I posted this in the other thread but I thought I might get more responses here. I got a 1460 on my March SAT's and I've consistently been scoring in the 1500's in the Ten REal book. Sadly, I think I bombed the test today. I'm guessing somewhere around a 1350-1400. Should I cancel? Will it look bad if my score decreased? Help!!!

By Hahaha (Hahaha) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 12:35 pm: Edit

are you allowed to cancel after you leave the testing room?

By Laurenh87 (Laurenh87) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 12:35 pm: Edit

Yep- you have until the following Wednesday.

By Amitoman (Amitoman) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 02:30 pm: Edit

a lot people would die to have the scores on the test that you 'bombed'

By Tired_Student (Tired_Student) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 02:33 pm: Edit

Laurenh87 are you taking the test again? If you think you scored lower you should definitely cancel. If you are taking it again then you should definitely cancel.

However, if you are not going to take it again, then keep it, maybe you scored higher in one section then you had the previous time you took the test.

By Meredith (Meredith) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 02:53 pm: Edit

When you score above 700 per test, your chances of going up more than 10 points per test are less than your chances of going down more than 10 points per test. This is fact. Calm down. Over the next day, use this website to see if your gut feel is supported by your analysis of known errors. If you still think you bombed it, cancel, because a 1450 is about the low for Ivy League unless you have a tip factor. Of course, you may not be looking for an Ivy school, and cancelling may mean you would have to continue studying, which you might not want to do.

By Laurenh87 (Laurenh87) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 02:53 pm: Edit

Amitoman- I know I sound absolutely neurotic right now and I probably shouldn't have used the word 'bombed.' I'm just really frustrated and dissapointed b/c I know I can do much better.

Tired-Student- I think I'm going to take it again. However, I've been going over answers with other people and I think I may have actually done a little better than I thought. Last test I got 770 verbal and 690 math, and it seems like these results may work out to be extremely similar. Should I still cancel? I'm more hesitant now- before I was completely frenzied and panicked but maybe it wasn't so bad...

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page