SAT 2 Question





Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: SAT 2 Question
By Amitoman (Amitoman) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 05:28 pm: Edit

Im taking IIC, Chemistry, and history tomorrow.

I'll do fine on math, but i dont think im' prepared at all for either chemistry or history. Should i take them and go with the bad chem and history scores? or should i cancel the whole day?

how bad will, say, 800 600 550 look to colleges if i take physics and writing next year and get in the 700s?

do colleges see all SAT 2 scores, in the same way as SAT 1? or do i have to send whichever i went?

By Amitoman (Amitoman) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 07:09 pm: Edit

bump

By Zzii (Zzii) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 07:38 pm: Edit

They see them all (ah the days of Score Choice hold...gone forever). You don't have to take everything you signed up for, but if you think you can get at least a decent grade, it can't hurt. Most colleges just count your best ones anyway, so if you get a 600 on chem now but a 700 on Physics next year, the chem probably won't hurt you at all. Good luck tomorrow.

By Amitoman (Amitoman) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 08:19 pm: Edit

Aare you sure about the 'not having to take all the tests you signed up for?'

There is no information of that on the College Board web site. It just mentions adding a test or substituting, but not omitting.

I think if you sign up for three, and only take one, all scores get cancelled.

anyone else know?

By Amitoman (Amitoman) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 09:33 pm: Edit

final bump, hopefully..

anyone?

By Crypto86 (Crypto86) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 09:38 pm: Edit

Well, how far are you in your AP US class - if you have been doing MC questions in class or doing practice tests then you should do fine. I would take chem anyways and go bigtime for phys next year. The curve is possibly the best of all SAT IIs - any solid grade/work in your class plus some extra prep time with a SAT II book almost guarantees 700+.

By Amitoman (Amitoman) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 09:41 pm: Edit

well the thing is.. i plan on applying to some higher tier colleges.. I don't want them to see a low 600 chemistry score. I think it may just be better if i cancel.

or is ZZii right about being able to take only one of three i signed up for?

By Mparking (Mparking) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 09:51 pm: Edit

You could always just choose not to report your scores to anyone -- you can change who you report to until May 10th, I think. Then, if you do good, you can send the scores to the colleges of your choice later. It'll cost you and extra $5 per school, but if you think it's worth it, go for it.

By Zzii (Zzii) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 10:27 pm: Edit

Two people have brought up not being able to take just one or two of the tests you signed up for. I was pretty sure but now I'm doubting myself so please check this out before hand.

By Zzii (Zzii) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 11:11 pm: Edit

http://www.collegeboard.com/counselors/hs/sat/registration/satregfaq.html#canceltest

definitive answer

By Amitoman (Amitoman) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 06:47 am: Edit

tight.

thanks for all the help


Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page