ESSAY IN 20 MINS! Share your STRATEGIES!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: ESSAY IN 20 MINS! Share your STRATEGIES!
By Shaka (Shaka) on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 11:58 pm: Edit

what are some strategies you guys use to formulate your essay for the SAT2 writing test?

By Kkay (Kkay) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 10:04 am: Edit

- You must have a structure. Don't just write without thinking. I spent about 5 mins planning.
- I stopped after 20 mins. Then I worked on the MCs, finished them quickly and so had a litle extra time (10 mins) to perfect my essay. Don't neglect the MCs.
- I supported my essay with 3 examples, one historical, one a current issue and one personal experience. Try not to hv the examples in one area.
- Try not to write it TOO short. I know quantity isn't everything, but there's a certain standard.
- You MUST read it over at least once to check for any careless mistakes.
- My handwriting is terrible, so I paid special attention to my handwriting!

good luck. ask me if u have any more questions

By Shhh (Shhh) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 02:48 pm: Edit

write as u think. its a rough draft anyway

if u are bad at intros, leave a space, do the body, and then go back

By Shaka (Shaka) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 03:02 pm: Edit

Kkay, how did you do on it? what score you get?

You were allowed to go back to the essay if you finish MC early?

By Andrew123s (Andrew123s) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 03:15 pm: Edit

Yes, you are allowed to go back to the essay if you finish MC early. It says that right on the test (if you finish this part early you may go back to part A). However, DO NOT neglect the multiple choice. They are worth a lot more than your essay in the final score.

By Firebird12637 (Firebird12637) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 06:22 pm: Edit

yea, i think u should start writing soon, if not immediately...those 20 mins go by REALLY fast...

By Starchybean (Starchybean) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 06:42 pm: Edit

My teacher grades the SAT 2 tests. WRITE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN! That's her main tip. And make sure not to take a political stance if the question allows for it. It can •••• your readers off, which is obviously not a good thing.

By Shaka (Shaka) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 08:32 pm: Edit

for people who have taken this test before: how harsh were your essays graded? i am thinking that since they only allow around 20 mins for the essay, it's kind of impossible to really plan out stylistic developments in your essay?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page