|By Shaka (Shaka) on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 11:58 pm: Edit|
what are some strategies you guys use to formulate your essay for the SAT2 writing test?
|By Kkay (Kkay) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 10:04 am: Edit|
- You must have a structure. Don't just write without thinking. I spent about 5 mins planning.
- I stopped after 20 mins. Then I worked on the MCs, finished them quickly and so had a litle extra time (10 mins) to perfect my essay. Don't neglect the MCs.
- I supported my essay with 3 examples, one historical, one a current issue and one personal experience. Try not to hv the examples in one area.
- Try not to write it TOO short. I know quantity isn't everything, but there's a certain standard.
- You MUST read it over at least once to check for any careless mistakes.
- My handwriting is terrible, so I paid special attention to my handwriting!
good luck. ask me if u have any more questions
|By Shhh (Shhh) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 02:48 pm: Edit|
write as u think. its a rough draft anyway
if u are bad at intros, leave a space, do the body, and then go back
|By Shaka (Shaka) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 03:02 pm: Edit|
Kkay, how did you do on it? what score you get?
You were allowed to go back to the essay if you finish MC early?
|By Andrew123s (Andrew123s) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 03:15 pm: Edit|
Yes, you are allowed to go back to the essay if you finish MC early. It says that right on the test (if you finish this part early you may go back to part A). However, DO NOT neglect the multiple choice. They are worth a lot more than your essay in the final score.
|By Firebird12637 (Firebird12637) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 06:22 pm: Edit|
yea, i think u should start writing soon, if not immediately...those 20 mins go by REALLY fast...
|By Starchybean (Starchybean) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 06:42 pm: Edit|
My teacher grades the SAT 2 tests. WRITE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN! That's her main tip. And make sure not to take a political stance if the question allows for it. It can your readers off, which is obviously not a good thing.
|By Shaka (Shaka) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 08:32 pm: Edit|
for people who have taken this test before: how harsh were your essays graded? i am thinking that since they only allow around 20 mins for the essay, it's kind of impossible to really plan out stylistic developments in your essay?
Report an offensive message on this page E-mail this page to a friend
|Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.|
|Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only|