SAT II US History Questions

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: SAT II US History Questions
By Dl_0321 (Dl_0321) on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 08:43 pm: Edit

I have a couple questions about the SAT II US History.

How much do we have to know about the wars?

Do we have to remember all acts? I can understand being tested on something like the Sherman Antitrust Act of 1890, but are there any questions about acts that don't really stick in the mind?

Are we tested on literature?

For those who have already taken the SAT II US History, did you consider it hard?

By Crypto86 (Crypto86) on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 08:52 pm: Edit

I've never taken it, but I hear it is comparable to AP MC exams. I would just know all your stuff. I'm sure there could be a few obscure questions (like which exact utopian society did what - like which group believed that the second coming of Jesus would occur on April 21, 1841? (Millerites)) That's pretty obscure IMO. If you are doing well on AP practice tests, then I think you have a good shot at 700+

By Firebird12637 (Firebird12637) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 06:25 pm: Edit

what's "well"? 71/80?

i dunno, comparing the US history test from the REAL SAT 2's book to old AP USH tests, i'd say the SAT version is insanely easy compared to the AP...

By Jens (Jens) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 07:14 pm: Edit

Yes you will need to recall an enormous amount of facts, but hardly anything as obscure as Cypto mentioned- that would be just ridiculous and from the practice tests Ive taken, Ive never seen anything like that.

Know your time periods, THEMES, and of course significant cases/acts/presidents, etc.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page