Strong Schedule??

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: Strong Schedule??
By Caliplaya03 (Caliplaya03) on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 07:24 pm: Edit

AP Us History
AP Computer Science
Math Analysis(Honors)
Symphonic Band(P)
Spanish4(honors)
English3(honors)
Physics(P)

This is my schedule for my jr. yr next yr. Do you think my couseload will be hard,easy or just ok?? I know it depends on the student but if this was your schedule do you think you would be able to handle it? O and what is the best way to prep for the AP Computer Science exam?

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 07:28 pm: Edit

that is fairly challenging but it really depends on what your school has to offer. If those are all your AP's the school has, then you have a top notch schedule.

By Guitarshredder (Guitarshredder) on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 07:34 pm: Edit

That's fine.

By Caliplaya03 (Caliplaya03) on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 08:04 pm: Edit

the only other AP class offered at my school for jr's is AP Bio. I think my school offers AP Studio Art but I think they are cuttin the class.

By Caliplaya03 (Caliplaya03) on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 11:29 pm: Edit

bump

By Kousuke (Kousuke) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 05:43 pm: Edit

what about chemistry? and what the heck is "math analysis"? why arent you taking precal or calc? otherwise, its fine, it has variety.

By Okrogius (Okrogius) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 08:30 pm: Edit

How strong the schedule is really depends on your school. Personally I would say that's ok.

Kousuke - Math Analysis is considered a harder class at least in my area. Basically it's squishing Pre-Calculus and AB Calculus into one year (well almost - some stuff normally covered in AB don't make it in). Next class in the sequence after math analysis is BC Calculus.

By Caliplaya03 (Caliplaya03) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 10:37 pm: Edit

o at my school we dont offer BC so i'll just have to take AB senior yr. I wish i could take more AP's... but i know i will not have a great grade in AP Bio.

By Tigeruppercut (Tigeruppercut) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 11:56 pm: Edit

math analysis hnrs = precal hnrs (precal + calcAB)

math analysis = precal reg (just the precal topics and a touch of calc at end)

that's what i think...

By Caliplaya03 (Caliplaya03) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 01:33 pm: Edit

I believe you hit it on the nail tigeruppercut. So anymore thoughts on my schedule??

By Vtoodler (Vtoodler) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 06:19 pm: Edit

your schedule looks fine to me. what does the (P) after physics mean?

By Vtoodler (Vtoodler) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 06:19 pm: Edit

your schedule looks fine to me. what does the (P) after physics mean?

By Caliplaya03 (Caliplaya03) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 07:31 pm: Edit

Oh the P means Prep.

By Caliplaya03 (Caliplaya03) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 02:09 pm: Edit

bump

By Smiliekat (Smiliekat) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 02:22 pm: Edit

even though they say only seniors can take certain aps...if you have demonstrated that you're an excellent student through your h.s. years, i am sure your school will allow you to take senior classes.
i took a class for seniors and 2 classes for juniors-seniors "only" as a sophomore.
so dont worry about the grade level limitations.
your classes are fine. but remember to do stuff you like and get deep into it. colleges also may want to see specialization and intense interest in one subject area.

By Caliplaya03 (Caliplaya03) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 04:27 pm: Edit

thnx smiliekat

By Caliplaya03 (Caliplaya03) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 08:33 pm: Edit

ya there are only 2 grls that are taking Math analysis(H) as sophomores. O and in 1994 there was a freshman in AP Calc BC.

By Smiliekat (Smiliekat) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 08:50 pm: Edit

ya math you can always get ahead =)
and if math is your strong subject, when you're done with bc...go take diffeq or multivariable at a college or with epgy...that'll be somethign cool.

By Caliplaya03 (Caliplaya03) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 08:54 pm: Edit

thnx for the suggestion smiliekat

By Caliplaya03 (Caliplaya03) on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 09:12 pm: Edit

bump

By Caliplaya03 (Caliplaya03) on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 08:58 pm: Edit

Is AP Comp Sci a good decision if i havent taken comp sci at all? The teacher is really easy all you have to do is show up and you will get an A. But i want to do well on the AP test so should i just get a good prep book?

By Wishful_Thinker (Wishful_Thinker) on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 09:23 pm: Edit

for ap comp sci A: go get PR and Barron's...you need emphasis and they give good tests...i don't konw of they are accurate (as of i don't know the results of my ap comp sci exam) but yea, you don't really need background info for it and don't review the night before. if you don't know alot, you need to give yourself ATLEAST 2+weeks. unless you are a given genius...

and caliplaya: i think you should see what your classmates are taking, and see your counselor. as long as your schedule is close to the hardest it can get w/ your school (as a jr) you should be fine. your schedule looks fine to me. does your school offer ap eng language?

By Caliplaya03 (Caliplaya03) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 12:21 am: Edit

Ya my school offer AP Lang and AP Lit but those classes are for seniors only.... I can do it for independent study because there is this sophomore that took the AP French and Eng Lang test.. but i dont know, it seems like a lot of work.

By Wishful_Thinker (Wishful_Thinker) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 06:02 pm: Edit

that's weird. we do ap lang as jrs and ap lit as srs. but hey, i guess you have the hardest schedule then.

By Caliplaya03 (Caliplaya03) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 07:03 pm: Edit

Ya seniors have a choice it's either AP Lang or Lit. But i think that is the only AP where seniors can choose between one or the other.

By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 07:04 pm: Edit

You are doing good. Where do you want to apply to, though?

By Caliplaya03 (Caliplaya03) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 07:39 pm: Edit

Stanford,UCB,UCLA,USC(this school and berkeley are #1 on my list),UCD,UCSD,UCSB, Sac State, and Cal Poly. If i got into any of these schools i would really be happy! Oh and i'm an african-american but i know that doesnt mean anything at the UC's.

By Caliplaya03 (Caliplaya03) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 10:20 pm: Edit

bump

By Caliplaya03 (Caliplaya03) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 07:41 pm: Edit

Man.... when all the juniors came into my spanish class after their apush test they looked really tired. was it really that hard for u guys. O ya and does my schedule look strong for the schools i listed?

By Caliplaya03 (Caliplaya03) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 07:14 pm: Edit

bump

By Caliplaya03 (Caliplaya03) on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 04:00 pm: Edit

bump

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page