What to do w/ AP Macro test that i no longer want to take?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: What to do w/ AP Macro test that i no longer want to take?
By Penn3047 (Penn3047) on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 06:23 pm: Edit

Hi, my name is greg and I will be attending Wharton (UPENN) in the fall. Initially i decided to sign up for the AP Macro test under the assumption that, with a 5, i would get waived from my macro requirement. Just now, I realized that the material covered on the test is far less than that covered in a macro class at Penn. Considering that this will be what i get my degree in, it seems almost foolish to take the test and opt to skip such a fundamental class. Anyway, now i am wondering what to do with a test that I paid good money for. I've heard that i can't get a refund, so is there a way I can "sell" it to someone? If i dont show up, does that mean it doesnt get graded or do i get a 0 (or a 1). Any help would be appreciated.

By Texas137 (Texas137) on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 06:28 pm: Edit

if you don't show up it doesn't get graded.

By Penn3047 (Penn3047) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 02:22 am: Edit

bump

By Yoyomama04 (Yoyomama04) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 02:53 pm: Edit

Just cancel the test. It will look better than not showing up. I don't think it's transferable but you could always call them and ask.

Definitely take the class instead. I don't know that you can get AP credit for a class required by your major anyway.

By Tanman (Tanman) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 04:51 pm: Edit

Go talk to the AP Coordinator at your school. There might be a somebody on standby for the macro test that will "buy" the test from you. Also, sometimes, schools "sell" extra tests to each other to take care of standby students.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page