WILL I DIE...if i take these APs together?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: WILL I DIE...if i take these APs together?
By Shaka (Shaka) on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 03:59 pm: Edit

Well, i know i wont die, but how hard is taking AP Lit, AP Calc BC, AP Comp Sci java, AP polit sci, and AP economics at the same time?

can someone rank these classes by difficulty and importance for a undergraduate business program in a top20 college?

By Bui (Bui) on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 07:41 pm: Edit

I know calc bc and comp sci a/ab are jokes =p

By Mazzo (Mazzo) on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 08:38 pm: Edit

every exam difficulty varies person to person. do you mean AP gov...because i don't think AP POly Sci exists...Bui, AP calc BC's exam may be somewhat easy but i hear the class is hard. (I'm in AB, which is cake, but my friends in BC say it's killer). for the importance...I can't really judge but I would assume for business:

1. AP Economics (the main stuff...right?)
2. AP Lit (have to know how to read, interpret, express yourself)
3. AP Gov...(have to know the system)
4. AP Calc (is higher level math really that significant?)
5. AP Comp Sci (how much PROGRAMMING will you need to know as a business major...seriously)

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 09:22 pm: Edit

You're in for a tough ride. AP econ is a lot of work, govt is a lot of memorization, calc bc is just plain hard...dont know about the rest.

By Shaka (Shaka) on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 10:50 pm: Edit

i know ap lit is easy...gov...how hard can it be, i have always been good with social studies. I have html and scripting experience...that should help me wit comp sci...i think calc BC will be very hard...i dunno about economics as i dunno what it even covers...

By Conker (Conker) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 04:39 am: Edit

AP Lit
To be honest, I think you will struggle with the exam, if not the class. I hate to be harsh, but your responses SAT II Writing prompts have demonstrated only average writing proficiency and analysis. In a class for gifted writers, you may find that the curve will not work in your favor.

AP Calc BC
This class really shouldn't be too hard if you're good at math. Have you ever qualified for AIME? If you have, you should be able to get a 4 without any problem. But if you're not so good at math, there's actually no real point for you to take it, seeing as you're going into business.

AP Computer Science
Honestly, do you think you really need this course? It's not easy, and it won't do much to boost your resume.

AP Government
This course is really easy if you know your politics. Do you know the function of the French bureaucracy? Who is the American equivalent of the British Exchequer? Which side do Democrats and Republicans stand on? If you know the answers to these questions, you should do fine in the class and on the exam.

AP Econ
I don't think you'll have trouble in this course at all. It's definitely important if you want to be a business major. If you do have trouble, it might be a red flag, letting you know that perhaps business/economics is not your game.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page