Worth retaking a 760 Writing?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Worth retaking a 760 Writing?
By Z00b (Z00b) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 10:07 pm: Edit

I got 760 on writing when I took the SAT II's in January. I remember I did quite well on the multiple choice, missed like 3-5 total. However, the essay section lowered my score. I got 2 "4"'s. Is it worth retaking? Do those 40 points really matter? I got 80 on PSAT writing, so I'm fairly confident I can do well on the multiple choice again... can only hope for better grades on essay.

By Shaka (Shaka) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 10:13 pm: Edit

if i had 760, i would be off partyin

By Best_Wr (Best_Wr) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 11:10 pm: Edit

NO

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 11:22 pm: Edit

What are you thinking?!? If you got a 760, the last thing you should think about is retaking...You might want to lay off the books for a while and get a grip.

By Z00b (Z00b) on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 01:19 am: Edit

Thanks for telling me what I wanted to hear and giving me a reality check.... It's just that there are so many horror stories of people with high stats getting outright rejected.

Jason, thanks for the advice. I just watched The O.C.... but I've got 2 AP's and IB and 2 SATII's coming up. Laying off occasionally feels good!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page