Sat 2 writing. anyone using pton review and barrons?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Sat 2 writing. anyone using pton review and barrons?
By Mehere (Mehere) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 10:05 pm: Edit

Has anyone used pton review for sat 2 writing? How did u find the practice tests in it and how did you find the material in the book? Harder or easier than the real one?

I started using pton review after I find barrons a little bit too detailed and has a few mistakes. Anyone else?

By Yoyomama04 (Yoyomama04) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 10:24 pm: Edit

I have the PR one too...definitely worth it.

By Mehere (Mehere) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 11:06 pm: Edit

hey yoyoma, have you taken the real sat 2 writing yet? do you find that the pton one is better or worse than the barrons?
i doono if others will agree, i find that barrons does a great job explaining the grammar concepts (tho there are mistakes), but its practice tests are not very realistic and consistent. I USUALLY trust the pton review, but have no idea about the writing one. I have been reading it lately; even though it doent cover as much as the barrons, i find the practice tests more realistic as the one i saw in the real sat 2s. My question is, how does the pton review practice test comp to the real one? easier, harder, or same difficulty. thx.

By Mehere (Mehere) on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 07:59 pm: Edit

bump

By Yoyomama04 (Yoyomama04) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 12:39 am: Edit

No, not yet, but I've only used the PR book and not Barron's. I'm not doing too much prep for it because English is my best subject. I'm basically using the book to familiarize myself with the test itself, not the fundamentals. So it's really been great there, but also looks pretty solid on grammar (haven't seen any mistakes).

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page