What should i do?? this is not fair!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: What should i do?? this is not fair!
By Projectseahorse (Projectseahorse) on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 11:54 pm: Edit

Well... i have a problem now, I used to be a slack off and I dont really study. Then i got my sat score which is terrible. I then made up my mind and studied day and night for 3 and the half months. Finally now i can get a decent SAT score on almost every practice test i took. Today i just found out that if you improve your sat score 350 or up the SAT company or whatever will just assume that you are cheating and cancel your score. is that true...? what can I do? Im sure there is a good chance that i can improve my score by 350 points for the upcomoing test im going to take, BUT NOT BY CHEATING! so should i purposely answer some questions wrong...?? but that doesnt sound fair thou... what can i do?

By Haithman (Haithman) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 12:02 am: Edit

No no no no no, you heard wrong. They will NOT cancel your score, the most it will do is raise a red flag and they will check to make sure that no cheating was involved, they WILL NOT cancel your score.

By Projectseahorse (Projectseahorse) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 12:11 am: Edit

if this happens, how can i prove that i didnt cheat thou?

By Madfoxmadfox (Madfoxmadfox) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 02:44 am: Edit

But then, how will they prove that you did cheat?

By Tamy02 (Tamy02) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 03:27 pm: Edit

Usually, thats y we have to sign the back of our paper, usually they'll check the handwriting to see if it matches and all! I have the exact same problem...my First SAT score was EXTREMLY pooorrr!! but i have a feeling it'll improve by alot on the may test date...ive been geting about 200+ points than my 1st test.I was really wrried boout that as well, but Im sure all will be finee!!:P Hopefully 4 the both of us!

By Shhh (Shhh) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 05:05 pm: Edit

tell them you were terribly sick the first time you took it.

By Sticksandstones (Sticksandstones) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 05:46 pm: Edit

will they "raise the red flag" for my SAT score if it is 300 or so point above my score for the PSAT (comparitively). i got in 1050's on the PSAT (if math and verbal are counted as SAT scores) but now, after intense practice, I have 1250's-1300's on SATs. the PSAT i think was my first big standerdized test so i was really nervous.

Your help is appreciated.

By Projectseahorse (Projectseahorse) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 09:13 pm: Edit

under what circumstance will they "raise the red flag" like wut score? over 350? or 300? or just simply over 200?? and what way are they going to use to try to cancel my score because they think i "cheated" just because i "improved" wont they consider the time too? it was 4 months ago when i took my first SAT....

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page