AP Economics (Micro and Macro)

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: AP Economics (Micro and Macro)
By Oovelknoovel (Oovelknoovel) on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 09:10 am: Edit

Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone who has taken the AP Econ exams can tell me how much preparation would be necessary assuming that i have not taken the course, and i have barron's, princeton review and kaplan books to study from. I have a general background of econ. thanks.

By Musefinity (Musefinity) on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 09:25 am: Edit

Yeah, I'm curious too. The class at my school has no teacher so we just read the Princton Review book and did a little APEX. How hard is it to get a 3? I'm only shooting for a 3. What's harder: Micro or Macro?

By Jinhamasaki (Jinhamasaki) on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 05:41 pm: Edit

Micro is more depth and a LOT more math.

By Terpfan101 (Terpfan101) on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 06:17 pm: Edit

i think macro is much much harder! Especially the free response. You have to be able to understand and link fiscal and monetary policy to aggregate demand and supply, interest rates, gdp, etc. I think micro is easier. I think you can definately pull off a 3 on micro (not this year if you just started to study). But macro is harder.

By Cooljay687 (Cooljay687) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 01:01 pm: Edit

Talk about subjective! Micro is harder!

By Impymonk (Impymonk) on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 08:07 pm: Edit

Micro is about 10,000 times harder because it's more facts and less technique. Once you learn macro once you're done with it because it's just rehash of the same process. Micro involves remembering specific circumstances and many more formulae

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page