Help- Getting 30s on Barrons Math IIC tests- what should i

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Help- Getting 30s on Barrons Math IIC tests- what should i
By Silmon77 (Silmon77) on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 01:16 am: Edit

I have taken 4 Barrons tests, and I have gotten about 30-ish. I usually miss about 9-10, and skip 9-10 as well. I am simply not improving.Everyone seems to get above a 750 on the real thing, and I am panicing that I won't. What should I do? And yes, I know that Barrons is much harder than the real thing, but still, 32 does not equal a 800.

Also, the same thing is happening with REA Chemistry. I am getting in the 600s. How accurate is that (is it any harder than the real thing)?

By Ware_Ru (Ware_Ru) on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 11:26 am: Edit

Use Princeton Review for Math and Kaplan's and Princeton (PR is a easier than the real thing) for chem. I was getting 35's or something on the Barron's Math IIC, then grabbed the real SAT IIs and got one question wrong. Barron's is ridiculous; way too hard and asking things that aren't gonna be on it. I got an 800 very easily on the real test. Very very easily, even though i was getting 30-35 on Barron's. Barron's is ridiculous.

By Televelis (Televelis) on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 02:36 pm: Edit

Just keep trying on it and don't worry. Keep studying. If you can ace Barron's, you'll obviously have no trouble at all with the real SAT II.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page