AP US HISTORY ........ IM SCARED

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: AP US HISTORY ........ IM SCARED
By Bhaiyu87 (Bhaiyu87) on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 12:17 am: Edit

one else here with the same feeling?
I dont think i am prepared at all.
Does anyone know of any links for APUSH?
bring them all here.

By Bhaiyu87 (Bhaiyu87) on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 07:48 am: Edit

bump

By Musefinity (Musefinity) on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 09:28 am: Edit

Have you tried www.historyteacher.net? There is so much review crap on that site. They have links to review charts, terms to know, quizzes and tests, and a link to a huge ass compilation of terms and definitions.

By Terpfan101 (Terpfan101) on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 06:18 pm: Edit

yeah i took it last year and that site was amazing. Don't worry too much about it though. You will be surprised how much you know. I got a 5 but the exam wasn't too hard and if you can write well enough and know your history you should be able to def. get a 4.

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 06:45 pm: Edit

"You will be surprised how much you know"

correction: by how LITTLE you know.

I read through REA's book twice (bad book - I dont recommend it). THought I understood it, and ended up getting a 3. That test was the hardest exam I have taken in my life bar none. I am taking AP Physics this year and it doesnt even compare (although Physics = hard as hell too).

By Number9 (Number9) on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 07:41 pm: Edit

Are REA's practice tests harder/easier/equal to the difficulty of the actual AP?

By Wrathofgod64 (Wrathofgod64) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 04:28 am: Edit

i was reading through the REA book and i realized that they asked some questions on their practice exams on military history. One dbq also was on McClellan's strategy or something. I suggest maybe using another prep book like maybe PR for sample tests, but i haven't taken the actual APUSH test yet.

By Ickyfoo (Ickyfoo) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 11:58 am: Edit

REA is good review. I read that, took some practice tests, and went over my chapter outlines from class and got a 5.

By Terpfan101 (Terpfan101) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 03:22 pm: Edit

wow, interesting. My school is a very good school. Last year there was only one apush class of about 30 kids. 6 of us got 5's and i think like 10-15 got 4's. I feel good though that you say its one of the hardest exams you ever took. Maybe its cuz i actually loved us history and i worked really hard for that class. This year in ap world, i hate world history, dont try (senioritis) and my teacher isn't very good. Hoping for a 3 on the exam since i can get credit for that. :)

By Reject (Reject) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 04:57 pm: Edit

how is everyone studying for the exam?

just reading and reviewing or are u hardcoring it by outlining trends and movements and sh it like that

By Frenchfries (Frenchfries) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 05:50 pm: Edit

I have a question. Today I took the 2001 MC portion of the AP exam, and I got 72/80 right. All the questions seemed so much easier than any practice questions I've seen before, most of them seeming more factual than about "trends." I don't mean to sound presumptuous, but can I expect to breeze through the MC portion that easily on test day? I thought I was underprepared before this test, but now all I feel like I have to do is study for the essays.

By Celebrian23 (Celebrian23) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 06:43 pm: Edit

yeah ill probably get a one on the exam. Im scared to death of hearing my score in july becuawse no matter how much i study i feel totally and completely unprepared

By Monarchsfan16 (Monarchsfan16) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 08:14 pm: Edit

My school has a bad record with that test. Most of the kids last year had 2's. So I'm doing some serious review, both from the text, and from that REA prep book. I'm hoping it'll be enough to get me a 4, at least, but I'm not counting on it.

By Baggins (Baggins) on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 07:22 pm: Edit

Anyone here not using a prep book. I have an outline and I'm going to fill it out with as much detail as I can and then sudy off of it. I took hte 2001 MC part of the exam and without studying got 50/80. My teacher gave two essay questions and I got a 4 and a 7. My DBQ scores are usually 6. I calculated my score and am safely in the 4 range. Fortunately my teacher grades harder than the people who read the DBQs and free response so I might just get a 5. My sister did so my parents expect nothing less. I'm so stressed that my eyesight is getting worse. I hope it doesn't affect my test taking ability.

By 1212 (1212) on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 07:30 pm: Edit

i think you all would be fine, there are a few outlines found online search google, read over them. That should help both the MC and the FR. then do practice questions, which give u a chance to make mistakes = more learning. if you get a perfect score on the free response, you only need to get 39 multiple choice right (generally). BTW, is there a way to access the 2001 MC online? and also is there a scoring rubric for the DBQ online, i have one for euro but cant find one of us.

By Dolphinz33 (Dolphinz33) on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 11:02 pm: Edit

a lot of people in my school are saving all of their studying for mon-thursday of next week for APUS studying...i think its a bad idea...but has it worked for anyone here?

By Jblackboy05 (Jblackboy05) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 03:15 am: Edit

If you are using the Boooring American Pageant use a review text to study, create review sheets for yourself. Even though I just got a 77/80 on a practice I'm still afraid that when I get to the test I'm gonna forget everything Good Luck Next friday

By Francesca (Francesca) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 04:48 pm: Edit

Dolphinz, I tried that whole lets-cram-everything-into-the-last-three-days thing and I wouldn't recommend it! I ended up doing quite well, but when I look back I feel that if I had started studying earlier I could have done much better. I felt as if I had cheated myself out of a higher score! If you start studying early, in most cases you have the edge over people who didn't open their books until the night before. Good luck!
Fran xxx

By Jblackboy05 (Jblackboy05) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 11:58 pm: Edit

I totally agree with you Francesca, if you try to cram the night before you end up forgeting the important things and after the fact you're disgusted with yourself for waiting to the last minute to study. However, the test is'nt until next fri, so Dolphinz try your best to study before thursday, then stop and trust your instincts.

By Blind1595 (Blind1595) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 12:17 am: Edit

Does anyone have any idea what type of information the collegeboard is going to include for the recent events period?

By Mstaken (Mstaken) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 02:32 pm: Edit

Last year, I took APUSH and it was mostly self-study, even though the class was AP, which is sad, I know. I think the exam is easier than the SAT II version however, because of the crazy details they include in the SAT IIs. My class- out of 70 kids who took APUSH, NINE passed. 7 got a 3, 2 got a 4. I also got 630 on the SAT II, and a 3, so everyone should be fine, if you just review the textbook, get MORE textbooks to review, and take practice tests. Good luck!

By Mstaken (Mstaken) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 02:32 pm: Edit

Last year, I took APUSH and it was mostly self-study, even though the class was AP, which is sad, I know. I think the exam is easier than the SAT II version however, because of the crazy details they include in the SAT IIs. My class- out of 70 kids who took APUSH, NINE passed. 7 got a 3, 2 got a 4. I also got 630 on the SAT II, and a 3, so everyone should be fine, if you just review the textbook, get MORE textbooks to review, and take practice tests. Good luck!

By Daffyflower (Daffyflower) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 03:44 pm: Edit

does anyone know where I can get a copy of an old AP US MC to practice on?

thanx

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page