Preparing for NEW SAT?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Preparing for NEW SAT?
By Moto (Moto) on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 12:12 am: Edit

For those of you who are the graduating class of 2006 and over, how are you preparing for the new SAT? I realize that there may be new test prep books, but how good will they be considering that this is a whole new test. The test prep companies have studied the old SAT for years and so it has been easy for them to know what tactics to use. So for those of us who are taking the new SAT, we have a huge disadvantage and curveball. Tell me what you all think and how you are preparing for the new test. The most important thing I am pondering about is how the colleges (IVY) will view this new test and what the new scores will mean to them. Thanks for your input.

By Aznsnake0307 (Aznsnake0307) on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 03:45 pm: Edit

Im not studying math cuz i can already get 800 on practic, ill buy any math books available to see what kind of questions are on the test. For verbal im still using 10 Reals, except not using Analogies

By Nyugrad (Nyugrad) on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 04:27 pm: Edit

The Ivys will still use these tests as a basis for bragging rights for the highest score. The test will change, but not that!!

By Yoyomama04 (Yoyomama04) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 11:32 pm: Edit

It's not a whole new test...it isn't changing so dramatically that you won't be able to prep for it. The new books will probably be out soon, but in the meantime you can study with the existing stuff and just not bother with the practice questions for analogies and the other stuff that's no longer going to be tested.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page