AP Euro vs AP Comp Sci

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: AP Euro vs AP Comp Sci
By Gmf05 (Gmf05) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 06:43 pm: Edit

I was wondering which is a better class given my circumstances.

I taught myself to program for TI calculators a while back and have become quite good at programming in BASIC for the TI's. I feel I could easily transfer my skills to the computer if necessary (especially the logical aspect.)I have learned a little bit of HTML on my own. However, it seems like many people that are taking the class this year are having lots of trouble with it and whatnot.

Further, I don't consider myself too much of a history-inclined person. So, as far as personal choice I would rather take Computer Science. Though I would be fine taking either class.

The catch is that I'd like to major in english literature and hopefully move on to law school. So, I would imagine that colleges would rather see a humanity than computer science on my schedule. How much would this really matter? Any opinions?

By Wishful_Thinker (Wishful_Thinker) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 06:45 pm: Edit

euro's in your favor because you are getting a good background in your major. but if you look forward to Comp Sci, TAKE IT! java shouldn't be hard for you. i say, why not take both? java should be a no-brainer and euro would be beneficial...get the best of two worlds and take both

By Gmf05 (Gmf05) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 06:47 pm: Edit

Heh I wish I could, but I've already filled my classes. I tried to get them to let me to take a class rather than have a lunch block. Apparently county policy forbids it =\

Don't know if it matters, but I forgot to add that I WILL have a social studies credit even without Euro. I'm taking AP Microecon/AP Gov't. So if that would be the issue, it's covered.

By Wishful_Thinker (Wishful_Thinker) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 07:16 pm: Edit

you can take AP Comp Sci online if you don't mind taking the extra time. and seeing as you are a programming expert already you should have no problem. i know 2 places that offer it if you are interested.

By Gmf05 (Gmf05) on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 11:06 am: Edit

bump

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page