AP English Language and Composition

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: AP English Language and Composition
By Buttcrack (Buttcrack) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 01:02 am: Edit

Whats a good review book for English Language and Composition?

By Buttcrack (Buttcrack) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 01:40 am: Edit

you guys studying for this or what?

By Hahaha (Hahaha) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 01:52 am: Edit

I dont really know how to study for it...other than memorizing the lit terms, i dont think there's much we can do. That is, unless you have trouble staying within the time limit for essays. I dont really think that the quality of the books will differ greatly for this test. Some will say to skim a passage first then read it, some will say to read it then read it again, and some will say to read it then skim it, but the questions will test your comprehension, not how you read it.

By Ubercollegeman (Ubercollegeman) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 02:48 am: Edit

I'd recommend two things.

a) Brush up on rhetorical devices and fallacies.
b) If you're a slow reader, get one of those speed reading books. Time is a huge issue on the MC for a few people.

And how long do most people break up their 40 minutes per essay? I usually spend ten minutes annotating if it's an easy prompt and 13-14 minutes annotating if it's a hard one. For the DCQ, I'll spend generally 10 or less minutes thinking of ideas. My DCQ prompts tend to be much longer than my non-DCQ ones.

By Hahaha (Hahaha) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 02:52 am: Edit

DCQ?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page