Sorry for boardhogging, Re: IB SL tests...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Sorry for boardhogging, Re: IB SL tests...
By Miumiu016 (Miumiu016) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 10:49 pm: Edit

According to my IB advisor, colleges will never see your IB SL Test scores! Is this true?? She said as long as your average test score for your HL's and SL's combined is above a 4, you're in good standing for the IB diploma, and colleges won't see the final results until after they choose to accept/reject you. Does this mean I don't need to study at all for IB SL Physics, if I know I'll ace the Methods test? (7 + a potential 1) / 2 = 4? :D:D:D Could someone please verify this, it sound too good to be true, esp. since I know I'm going to do rather poorly in physics. Thanks!

By Boxmaker1917 (Boxmaker1917) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 12:49 am: Edit

My understanding is that you need a "24" on your tests to receive the IB diploma. This averages out to a "4" in each of the six subject areas. The test results are not available until July so colleges already have made admissions decision. However, the test scores could affect exempting classes and/or receiving credit based on an IB test score.

Since you would be taking 2 tests as a junior (SL), I would think that info would be available to college adcomms if you chose to list it.

By Conker (Conker) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 06:50 am: Edit

Yeah, SL classes don't really matter. You won't get any credit for it anyway.

By Chatterjoy87 (Chatterjoy87) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 09:43 am: Edit

That bites... SL still requires a lot of work, but yeah most colleges don't care about them. Some give credit for 7s in SL, but not many

By Andrew123s (Andrew123s) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 03:17 pm: Edit

I'm not sure, but I think I read somewhere that in addition to having a 24 or higher, there are restrictions as to how many 1s or 2s you can have and such. I would ask around.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page