MASSIVE SAT II Writing help needed

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: MASSIVE SAT II Writing help needed
By Gameguy56 (Gameguy56) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 09:56 pm: Edit

I've got a real problem with the SAT II writing. I've take a couple practice tests (sparknotes), and I get mid to upper 500s. The SAT I verbal score I got from the march test was 740. Why the heck is my Writing score so pitiful? What helps studying for the SAT II writing?

thanks in advance

By Shaka (Shaka) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 10:11 pm: Edit

YES OMG I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!!

why why why!!
i had 710 on the writing part of PSAT and i barely studied for it!!

By Welshie (Welshie) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 10:54 pm: Edit

Woo! I was in the same case. I got a 730 Verbal but on my first practice test (from Kaplans) I scored a 590 (and I was being generous on my essay). Kaplans REALLY helped. I took 3 full practice tests (MC only) and reviewed all the problems I got wrong (and some I got right) and made sure I grasped the concepts. When I finally hit 700 on my 3rd practice test I called it quits on studying. Come test day (which, consequently, was the next day) I was pleasantly surprised at how simple the questions were and ended up with a 740.

-jesse

By Shaka (Shaka) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 11:15 pm: Edit

the thing is...i IMAGINE errors!! I would find errors that arnt there!! ANY tips??

By Doveluvzcock (Doveluvzcock) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 12:30 am: Edit

Shaka, most likely you're just an idiot.

By Shaka (Shaka) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 12:40 am: Edit

no, that's not it, good try tho

By Shaka (Shaka) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 04:50 pm: Edit

i analyzed the sentence error MC questions that i got wrong because i thought there was a mistake but there wasnt...it seems that if a sentence have an error, it is an obvious one? so do you guys suggest i just not think too deeply about questions?

By Tired_Student (Tired_Student) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 04:55 pm: Edit

keep practicing and most likely on every practice test there will be about 4 no errors. Dont be afraid to choose No Error. I had the same scenario-scored 550 or so on first practice test, and now after the 8th practice test i now score high 700s

By Shaka (Shaka) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 05:21 pm: Edit

i got 71 on PSAT writing part...got an average of 600 on about 5 practice tests i took recently...and then it jumped to 2 700s...now dropped to 620 and now is climbing from 650 to 660...gradually up hopefully...

is the real test as hard as the prep books? (kaplan, barron, sparknotes)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page