ACT vs. SAT

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: ACT vs. SAT
By Ash86 (Ash86) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 06:20 pm: Edit

I recieved a 30 on the ACT, what should I expect on the SAT?

By Brum (Brum) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 07:07 pm: Edit

1350 to 1400 maybe?

By Sns22022 (Sns22022) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 08:45 pm: Edit

It definitely depends. They're two totally different tests. I got a 1380 on the SAT, and a 32 ACT, which is the equivalent of around a 1420. I have a friend who, bless her heart, is not the brightest crayon in the box, only scored 800ish on the SAT and got a 22 on the ACT, equivalent to around a 1020. It really depends on you.

By Ash86 (Ash86) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 11:15 pm: Edit

gotcha, thanks

By Maoux (Maoux) on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 05:23 pm: Edit

I don't know exactly how the comparitive scores work, but I got a 30 on my ACT at the beginning of the year and just recently got a 1420 on my SAT, if that helps any.

By Ubercollegeman (Ubercollegeman) on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 08:11 pm: Edit

From what I hear, those ACT->SAT and vice versa conversion charts are not accurate. Tons of people with high ACT's have much lower SAT's comparitively. Interestingly enough, I've heard fairly little about people with high SAT scores and low ACT scores.

By Arizonamom (Arizonamom) on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 08:38 pm: Edit

Probably because people with high SAT scores don't take the ACT. Most folks do better on one then the other as SAT tests reasoning and ACT is knowlege based, similar to Stanford 9 testing. Kids that have had a lot of Stanford 9's over the year tend to do better on ACT as well. My son did better on ACT with no studying then on SAT with studying. It is worth doing both!

By Ash86 (Ash86) on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 11:05 pm: Edit

I hear it's just the opposite Arizonamom. The ACT is designed to test more of your aptitude and problem solving skills. Versus the SAT which focuses on vocabulary and math which requires more previous knowledge and equations. Someone please correct me if necessary.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page