How to use 10 RS?!?! ahhh!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: How to use 10 RS?!?! ahhh!
By Vinny919 (Vinny919) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 05:18 pm: Edit

I'm a soph and taking the May 1st SAT. Right now, I'm at around 1550, but I'm worried that if I don't get that on the actual test, and I need to take the June or October 2004 SAT, I won't have any 10 RS left. Right now I have 3, including the one that's online. Should I take these now and be as well prepared for May as I can be, or should I save them and assume that I'll be taking it again?
please anyone!

By Feuler (Feuler) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 06:23 pm: Edit

I would say it depends on how consistent your scores have been. If they have been fairly constant around 1550, you can be fairly confident that you can just go into the test and do it. If they have been rising each time, then taking the rest would likely help you.

However, the 10RS tests are very valuable since they are actual tests; a good compromise could be to pick up some imitation practice tests (Princeton Review, Barrons, etc., do a message search to figure out which is best because I have no clue) and do those, saving the 10RS tests for later if necessary.

Of course, the test is a week away, so you might just be better off relaxing and getting lots of sleep.

By Sherwin (Sherwin) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 09:49 pm: Edit

My 10RS

(1) 1450
(2) 1490
Random Practice -- 1530
Actual -- 1570

By Arow (Arow) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 10:01 pm: Edit

take both the new SAT and the old.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page