Taking the SAT I again...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Taking the SAT I again...
By Aaronmp3 (Aaronmp3) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 02:58 pm: Edit

I got a 1440 the first time i took the SAT, in march.

When i got the score report back, it said that
for those with my math score, 730, the average score change for taking the SAT again was 10 points lower. For my verbal score, 710, the average score change for taking the SAT again was 5 points lower.

How can, and why, is this true?

I was thinking of taking it again in the fall (im a junior) but now im too scared to.

By Xiggi (Xiggi) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 04:01 pm: Edit

Why would you be scared? There is absolutely no penalty to take the test again and absolutely no "brownie points" for getting a good score on one sitting. Your best individual scores are not erased or averaged down.

Take it again but be sure that you do put in some extra preparation.

PS If you scored 730 on math, you have a very good chance to score higher.

By Aaronmp3 (Aaronmp3) on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 09:32 am: Edit

Its Just I've heard that it raises a red flag if your scores go down, thats all. Well, if I do well on SAT II's i think i'll take it again.

Thanx Xiggi

By Acoplander (Acoplander) on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 04:31 pm: Edit

"The average doesn't mean anything unless you want to be part of the average"

By Zzii (Zzii) on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 04:40 pm: Edit

What could also happen is that you may score higher on one section and then it doesn't matter if you score lower on the other b/c you can combine your two highest. Plus you are on CC so my guess is you're an overachiever like the rest of us crazy ppl and will work hard to score higher. ;]

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page