HELP. AP WH - teacher only covered 50% what do i do! panicki

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: HELP. AP WH - teacher only covered 50% what do i do! panicki
By Thereishope (Thereishope) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 01:34 pm: Edit

I am taking AP wh at school and my teacher is really slow and has covered around 50 percent of the course. I have the barrons study guide and could try to get hold of pton review.. what should i do with only a bit over 1 week left? I have sats in may as well.. :( How hard is it really to get a 5? thx so much guys

By Wab (Wab) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 09:57 pm: Edit

I feel your pain! I have the SATs in May too and 6 APs (including World History) so I'm dead too. The Barron's book is very, very good. Read it and do some research and find a timeline on the basic stuff that happened. I also hear that Peterson's includes useful charts comparing the civilizations. Basically 1700 AD onwards are pretty easy (from what I gather). Big topics for those units: Industrial Revolution, development of democracy, imperialism, colonial independence movements, and you should probably already know the basics about modern stuff (like WWI, the Depression, WWII, Cold War, etc). I tried a copy of the 2002 exam and it was not that bad! Some of the questions basically give away the answers and don't require historical knowledge; others you can guess by the basic trends of history; the rest are pretty general.

So don't worry! It's all good! Ooh, and if it makes you feel better - for the 2002 test, 40 right, 20 wrong, 10 omitted, and 5 (out of 9) on all three essays got a 4!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page