SATII US HIstory

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: SATII US HIstory
By Miscgrl (Miscgrl) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 01:15 pm: Edit

I finally started reviewing for the May US History SATII and I'm scared shitless.....I was taking the diagnostic test in the Barron's review book and it was getting more depressing by the minute.

Is the test really that hard?

Any tips for reviewing in the last week? Anyone else taking this test?

Is Barron's realistic/helpful?

THANKS!

By Miscgrl (Miscgrl) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 01:38 pm: Edit

Also, does anyone know the breakdown for how many wrong you can have to get an 800, etc.? It's not in the book at all i dun think...

By Jewlovvv (Jewlovvv) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 07:42 pm: Edit

i took the official "real sat 2's" college board US history test and got 680 >:o

63 correct; 11 wrong; a bunch omitted.

By Aspirer42 (Aspirer42) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 08:11 pm: Edit

Run from the Barrons' diagnostic tests. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE.

...Seriously, I found it to be inane and a horrific predictor as to what was on the actual exam. The study guide makes for great review, but try Real SATIIs or maybe PR (which I only scanned) for testing purposes.

I got something like a 41 on the diagnostic, studied for just a couple days more, and then turned around and got a 780. If you're taking APUSH and doing pretty well, you'll be fine.

By Firebird12637 (Firebird12637) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 12:39 am: Edit

i just started reviewing for US hist. today...i also took the "real SAT 2's"...790, off an 800 by 1 question...

By Conker (Conker) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 06:56 am: Edit

How many can you get wrong and still score an 800?

By Spright (Spright) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 08:30 am: Edit

I /think/ it was about 8 on the real sat II one...I missed 9 on it (but will probably not be able to do that on the real one...)

By Ladyinred2187 (Ladyinred2187) on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 10:52 am: Edit

anyone know any free practice tests I could take online? i'm taking the SATII this saturday and I haven't started preparing yet, I have a B in AP US and definitely want a score in the 700's - i just dont want to spend $$ on a book...

By Terpfan101 (Terpfan101) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 03:29 pm: Edit

yes get that real sat 2 book and i got actual previous sat2 exams (real ones) took about 3 or so to practice and read PR. Took it after apush last year in may so it was good to study for both that and the ap exam!!! Brilliant move to do them both in may and you should too maybe go to the test center and pay the late fee? Trust me if you are like my class which didn't do anything except watch movies after may 9th last year you will forget a lot of major stuff by june. Good luck

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page