AP music theory DILEMMA!!!!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: AP music theory DILEMMA!!!!!
By Incognita (Incognita) on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 12:01 am: Edit

OK,
so i am trying to self-study AP music theory.
The problem?
My ovtave range. I can go on octave above middle C and one octave below MiddleC. That's it.
What am i gonna do???
This weird octave ranging puts me on the top part of the high guy's part (tenor or bass) and the bottom half of the alto part. SO, ican sight sing only the top half of the bass clef and the bottom half of the treble cleff. How am i gonna sight-sing the free response??? doi just shift octaves? I heard you can't do that.I'm not too good at unscripted octave shifting.which either gets real low or really high onthebass and treble cleffs, respectivley.
(i'm a girl)
Please help me out guys (and gals)!!!!!!!!!

By Incognita (Incognita) on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 08:48 pm: Edit

bump

By Conker (Conker) on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 10:50 pm: Edit

The range for the sight-singing examples rarely, if ever, exceeds a ninth. And if it just happens to do so this year, then you get an 8 instead of a 9. Big deal.

By Jude (Jude) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 03:42 pm: Edit

omg i hated music theory! i feel sorry for ya. im so glad i dropped that class for usb.

By Conker (Conker) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 07:43 am: Edit

What is USB?

And personally, I just LOVE music theory. I don't see how anyone could hate it, but that's just me. :p

By Shhh (Shhh) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 09:19 pm: Edit

just drop down and octave when you get too high. or if u can, start on the octave lower. they cant penalize you for not being a soprano :-)

By K0w (K0w) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 02:20 am: Edit

yea just start really low nd go up. if its too high, just make the effort to get the highest u can nd hopefully theyll have sympathy on you. if u whistle like me, thats another story since the range is really broad. some reason guys barely have ne range, so if u can whistle in two weeks, u should be ok. otherwise, try to get the notes nd the right rhythm nd u should be fine

By Conker (Conker) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 11:14 am: Edit

Wow, you guys must have some talent to be able to whistle in tune.

I sing tenor in Choir, so range generally isn't a problem for me. I can sing anywhere from a low G to a high C (falsetto).

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page