Omitting vs. Answering

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Omitting vs. Answering
By Sycophant (Sycophant) on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 07:57 pm: Edit

I took the March 27th SAT for the first time and got a 1200, 630 V 570 M. I didnt omit a single question i got 33/40 cr 14/19 analogies and 15/19 sc. I got a total of 16 questions wrong in verbal. Now what do you think wouldve happened if i didnt get any wrong and omitted them all.

In math i got 35/43 in arithmetic and algebraic reasoning and 9/17 in geometric reasoning and got a 570. As you can see i suck at geometry! Now I know the curve is different on all the tests. But can u give me a estimate. Secondly, about how many questions total would i have to get wrong in order to get a 1400. Which is my goal for teh next SAT?

By Forsakn4 (Forsakn4) on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 08:33 pm: Edit

proly around 10 only u can get wrong to get 1400

By Fusiachi (Fusiachi) on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 10:17 pm: Edit

Verbal would've been approximately 60 points higher, by my calculations had you omitted every one you got wrong.

To figure the math you'd need to know which ones specifically you got wrong, as the student-produced responses do not count against you for answering them wrong vs. omitting.

If none of them were student produced or QC, then approximately 40 pts higher math. If many of them were QC, then more. If most of them were SP, then maybe less.

If you were to omit all you got wrong, I'd call it about a 1300 test. But then again, if you knew they were wrong in the first place, you wouldn't fill in an answer.

Hope for a set of questions you know the answers to.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page