Calculus AB topics

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Calculus AB topics
By Narcotics (Narcotics) on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 07:05 pm: Edit

How do they test newton's method and differentials? Also, could someone please explain slope fields?

By Forsakn4 (Forsakn4) on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 09:03 pm: Edit

yup
its called strategic guessin and thats how u answer them

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 09:20 pm: Edit

slope fields isn't on AB.

By Geoff912 (Geoff912) on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 09:56 pm: Edit

Slope fields are on AB and BC starting this year

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 11:02 pm: Edit

good thing that was an easy topic.

By Vinny919 (Vinny919) on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 02:52 am: Edit

For slope fields, what I do is plug in any x and y value into the any differential equation in the answer choices and just see if it matches up with the slope on the slope field. so basically POE

By Edward (Edward) on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 06:21 am: Edit

Do we have to know Newton's method for either the AB or BC exam?

By Narcotics (Narcotics) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 11:06 pm: Edit

Could someone please explain slope fields. There will undoubtedly be a multiple-coice question on this and its not in my textbook. Also, is the first free-response question ALWAYS on area/volume?

By Musefinity (Musefinity) on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 11:11 pm: Edit

WTF are slope fields? How much will this affect my grade?

By Flameball63 (Flameball63) on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 11:39 pm: Edit

Slope fields "WERE" BC topics. But, this year, they have integrated it into the AB level. IT is really simple. The New Kaplan's 2004 AB book has it all updated. I would recommend checking the book out. Basically, slope fields is where they give you a derivative equation. And then, plot it, but, remember the derivative is the slope, so the actual Y you get should represent a slope. Example: y'=-2x+3. x= -1, 0, 1. and y' will, respectively equal: 5, 3, and 1. The larger the number, the steeper you have to plot that line. I know I suck at explaining, but, CHECK OUT THE KAPLANS BOOK...have to be the newest edition. I think they are the only ones who really "updated".And, the speculation is that slope fields will be one of the free response, not a multiple choice.

By Commonsense (Commonsense) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 01:05 am: Edit

area and volume has been the 1st free response question for the past 4 years, but it hasnt always been the 1st.

By Hypatia67 (Hypatia67) on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 12:49 am: Edit

Newton's method is not an AP Calc topic. Euler's method is required for the BC test.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page