AP comparison

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: AP comparison
By Inopa (Inopa) on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 06:40 pm: Edit

How do you compare Euro, Stats, US, and Bio? what about the Egnlish language? which to study for, taking all but euro, which i 5'd?

By Inopa (Inopa) on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 05:43 pm: Edit

Hello?

By Inopa (Inopa) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 12:25 pm: Edit

WTF nobody knows anything around here huh?

By Feuler (Feuler) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 01:49 pm: Edit

I haven't taken Bio, but of the others... I don't know what you mean by compare. If you mean by difficulty/amount of studying needed for a 5, this is my opinion:

1. Euro
2. US
3. Stats
4. English

The reason being essentially how much work is necessary. Many people could get a 5 on English without ever having a class or looking at a review guide since its all common sense and you don't really need to be taught. Stats is the next step up since you do need to learn some stuff, but not much, and once you learn the stuff its very easy. Then, after a huge gap are the history tests, which we actually have to study a fair amount for. I put Euro above US mainly since it's a little bit more obscure (most US citizens know the gist of US History, plus Euro covers stuff much farther back), but they are very similar in difficulty. I've people argue both ways on which is harder.

By Sherwin (Sherwin) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 09:47 pm: Edit

US has about twice the material of Euro--

Euro is FAR easier in my opinion.

By Inopa (Inopa) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 10:08 pm: Edit

thats what i thought too... but i just took an REA test for the first time and got 73/80...is the AP US that easy? Euro was not at all bad...

By Coolman25 (Coolman25) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 12:43 am: Edit

Yeah i thought euro was easier... us history has way too many treaties and acts and whatever, it's all politics. It's also really dull so it's hard to study for.

By Succor101 (Succor101) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 12:44 am: Edit

yeah, I think CB made euro as a freshman/sophomore test while US is for juniors

By Inopa (Inopa) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 06:40 pm: Edit

so which to study for?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page