AP Zombies

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: AP Zombies
By Ubercollegeman (Ubercollegeman) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 09:27 am: Edit

Anyone else become AP zombies?

On top of my usual homework I need to study for seven tests in May. Basically, if I'm not sleeping, I'm doing some form of homework or studying (or reading this board for stress relief). It's been like this for maybe a week now, and it'll only get worse until the sweet, sweet release of death (May 12). I work maybe 7 hours a day now on top of 8 hours of school per day. That 15 hours combined is likely to tend toward 17 to 18 soon...

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 10:05 am: Edit

Ahh, brings back memories of how I was junior year before the AP tests. I'm a Senior now, and seniors aren't supposed to study until the weekend before the tests-- it's an unwritten rule.

By Relinquo1 (Relinquo1) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 05:06 pm: Edit

7 AP tests! I have to ask - are you suicidal? I don't know anyone who has taken more than 4 (5 in the extreme) at my school, and if you do that, general consensus is that you are insane. But if you can do that and not compromise your performance, then you are amazing.

By Shaka (Shaka) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 05:12 pm: Edit

lol

our school dun allow more than 3 aps at a time...

By Wishful_Thinker (Wishful_Thinker) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 06:04 pm: Edit

eh, oh no...you sound like a 1 year ahead version of me...i'll have 6 next year...and might just take one more online.

good luck. i only have 2 this year so i'm not too stressed. but hey, ubercollegeman, you'll be partying your bootay off after APs right?

of course, you can do it! you're UBERCOLLEGEMAN =)

By Jacqueline (Jacqueline) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 09:32 pm: Edit

I feel your pain. I'm taking 3 SAT IIs and 4 AP tests in May. And today I realized my SAT IIs are only a little over a week away. I nearly had a panic attack.

By Impatheticiknow (Impatheticiknow) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 11:02 pm: Edit

I definitely agree. I am taking 4 AP exams (calc AB, Statistics, Biology, and US history). Why, today I studied for nearly 15 minutes. This weekend my goal is to complete an entire practice free response. I know that is a lofty goal, and I know that I should NOT stress myself out this much (For heavon's sake, I am only 17!). However, despite my intense desire to slack off, I know I must continue...right after I get something to eat. I am well aware of the dangers that come with working on an empty stomach. Also, after my meal, I will have to take a break...I wouldn't want to get a cramp or anything. Additionally, I will be sure to have the TV or radio on while working (to relax me and to facilitate the intense studying). Wish me good luck! I know my diligence will pay off in the future. Watch out Harvard, here I come! :)

By Shadow_Wolf (Shadow_Wolf) on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 05:52 pm: Edit

Whoa...7 APs? You people are definitely working too hard..I only took one my Junior year (AP US History) and that turned out to be a waste of time (i.e. useless for college). I scheduled 2 for this year (AP Statistics and AP English Lit) but I think I'm gonna drop them because my college doesn't even take credits for these classes...Unless you plan on getting credit in college, APs are worthless (for seniors that is. I don't know how useful APs are to juniors for the whole college admissions thing, I just know that for me they were useless)...

By Theli0nheart (Theli0nheart) on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 06:19 pm: Edit

Yeah...I've gotta take 6 APs, and so far I've only really studied for 2 of them. I've got 3 SAT IIs to take next week, and then the following week APs start. After APs are over, I've gotta take the SAT I.

And to answer your question, UBERCOLLEGEMAN, I have become a zombie.

By Ubercollegeman (Ubercollegeman) on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 07:56 pm: Edit

Yeah, I forgot that I have two SATII's next week as well :(.

By Ilovefood (Ilovefood) on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 08:44 pm: Edit

yeah you guys have fun with that im gonna be happy with my ONE AP test this year - AP Lit Last year I had AP Lang and APUSH, and the college I'm going to next year doesn't really give a crap about APs, so ill spend all that time sleeping in school instead

By Forsakn4 (Forsakn4) on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 08:46 pm: Edit

im takin ap lit, ap bio, ap chem, ap spanish, and ap psych
u dont really ned to study if u takek teh courses u ppl stress out too much

By Ubercollegeman (Ubercollegeman) on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 02:30 am: Edit

In an effort to spend more time studying, I am henceforth deleting my CC bookmark :). I will try my best not to post or read posts until May 12. My prediction is that I'll break down by tomorrow or the day after, but at least by deleting the bookmark I'll have less incentive to read.

By Pianoman (Pianoman) on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 10:41 am: Edit

I'm an AP zombie right now unfortunately; have 4 AP's but I'm only a sophomore, so I've never taken them. That explains why I'm freaking out 24/7 about them, and why I'm not being able to find a single darned good AP Euro review book arrghhhhhh! Plus Bio is driving me crazy. And if I don't make a 5 on all my exams, my parents have basically stipulated that they will disown me (Asian here).

By Sns22022 (Sns22022) on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 11:01 am: Edit

I'm not necessarily an AP zombie...YET. I can only tell it's going to get worse this coming week bc I'm going to a Shania Twain concert next friday, Prom is next saturday, and then monday it begins! I lose an entire weekend!

By Lifeisgood (Lifeisgood) on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 09:50 pm: Edit

Last year (junior year), I took 5 AP exams... I defintely did not get much sleep those weeks, but the experience as a whole wasn't too bad. No complaints about scores...three 5s, two 4s. Don't worry. AP tests really aren't as scary as they seem.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page