What were your SAT II Writing prompts

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: What were your SAT II Writing prompts
By Forsakn4 (Forsakn4) on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 11:31 pm: Edit

hey ppl in order to get an accurate idea of what prompts could u give some examples that you had when u took the test?

By Averagemathgeek (Averagemathgeek) on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 11:34 pm: Edit

November 03: Discontent is the first step to action. Agree or disagree.

January 04: "Nothing perfect is interesting; it is the flaws that fascinate." Agree or disagree.

By E_L (E_L) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 12:08 am: Edit

Gosh how do you approach these questions?

By Kewlkiwi102 (Kewlkiwi102) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 12:19 am: Edit

Discontent- I personally would probably do: intro, revolutionary war, civil rights movement, and some example from my life, conclusion.

Perfect- hm.....probably agree, but I dunno what I would say...Maybe describe ppl i know/things and how that idea is true in relaton to them?

By Shadow_Wolf (Shadow_Wolf) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 02:24 am: Edit

October 02: Money is the greatest motivator. Agree or disagree.

At least I think it was this..it had something to do with greed as opposed to something positive as the greater motivator...give me a break, this was 1.5 years ago, I'm surprised I remember this at all...

By Ubercollegeman (Ubercollegeman) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 03:12 am: Edit

November 03: Discontent is the first step to action. Agree or disagree.

This is an extremely easy prompt to answer. There are tons of personal examples to use, and if you know anything about history or philosophy, you can easily get a 6 on this baby.

January 04: "Nothing perfect is interesting; it is the flaws that fascinate." Agree or disagree.

This is much more difficult. It is important that you don't talk about the flaws as flaws but interesting things. Maybe literature (Poe's Berenice comes to mind off the top of my head or any of Dostoevsky's works involving megalomania...). Tie in societal trends and those two should be good enough combined for a good grade.

October 02: Money is the greatest motivator. Agree or disagree.

Ooohh. You can pick either side: Laissez Faire for agree, Marxism for disagree. You can also talk about the world we live in today as more and more people spring for doctor/lawyer/business over traditional jobs. On the other hand, as a counterexample, ascetics like nuns and monks would be for "disagree." Both sides are extremely arguable.

By Forsakn4 (Forsakn4) on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 03:52 pm: Edit

one essay was:

one thing that is overestimated is _______.

By Shadow_Wolf (Shadow_Wolf) on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 05:48 pm: Edit

I remember it now! It was:

Greed is a greater motivator than Conscience. Agree or Disagree.

I think the difference is significant even though they sound similar. I wonder why I couldn't remember this before...=\

By Simplyloved (Simplyloved) on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 08:55 pm: Edit

dunno the date but it went something like this: You learn to value something after you have sacrificed something else..

By Forsakn4 (Forsakn4) on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 08:57 pm: Edit

how can you ppl come up wit ideas in like 20mins?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page