Is SAT II writing required for:

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Is SAT II writing required for:
By Brum (Brum) on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 12:53 pm: Edit

Ok I've researched this myself about a month ago, and I believe the following colleges I'm looking at do not require the SAT II writing (usually just 3 tests, or sometimes a science, a math, and history/literature/writing)

-Harvard
-Stanford
-Princeton
-MIT

Or am I wrong?

Right now I'm signed up for Physics, Math (the harder one), and US History. I'm doing US History because I'm in AP US History, so this test would be a lot easier than the writing test.

By Brum (Brum) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 07:47 am: Edit

bump

thanks in advance for any help

By Drusba (Drusba) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 09:12 am: Edit

If you are currently a junior who will be starting college in 2005, then you are correct that those four schools do not require writing as one of the tests; in fact, Stanford does not require SAT II's although it recommends them. An issue you face is that other top schools that require SAT II's often do require the writing and thus you will be limiting yourself somewhat to where you can apply if you do not take it. If you are a sophomore intending to go to college in 2006, then you should assume all of those will require a writing test either as part of the new SAT (or new ACT) that will be given next year or via the SAT II writing.

By Brum (Brum) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 01:06 pm: Edit

thanks Drusba

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page