15 days till AP calc AB exam!!! how to prepare?!?!?!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: 15 days till AP calc AB exam!!! how to prepare?!?!?!
By Willis (Willis) on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 08:57 pm: Edit

we've had a sucky year in calc. There are only 5 ppl in my calc class, and we've pretty much stopped for the year. I know quite a bit, but i dont think its nearly enough for the test. I have the barrons book. How should I prepare? btw i only have 2 weeks...

By Vinny919 (Vinny919) on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 10:54 pm: Edit

Take a practice test, for every question you miss or don't know very well do ALL the practice problems for.

By Hypatia67 (Hypatia67) on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 01:06 am: Edit

A 70% is usually the cut-off score for a 5. Remember, the test makers do not expect you to be an expert in calc, just have a good understanding of basic ideas. Know that the derivative is the rate of change. The integral is an accumulation function. And know how to use your graphing calculator. Time yourself on the test -- no more than two minute per mc problem and 15 minutes per free response. Do not make stupid algebra mistakes and know basic trig (unit circle, basic identities).

By Willis (Willis) on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 03:24 pm: Edit

thanx...this info will help. a 70% is the cutoff for a 5? that doesnt seem too hard...i'd be extremely happy if i got a 4!

By Sns22022 (Sns22022) on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 04:09 pm: Edit

My teacher told us anything above a 60 on our practice tests is VERY good. I think with the right about of studying you'll be in good shape:)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page