Not reporting AP scores to colleges?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Not reporting AP scores to colleges?
By Cavalier302 (Cavalier302) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 09:28 pm: Edit

I'm a junior and have taken 5 AP courses this year, 6 overall, but am unsure about how I will do on the exams. I got A's in all of them but am absolutely sure that I will get a bad score on the physics B exam (I'm 3 months removed from the class, teacher taught us different stuff, i don't have time to review, etc). Anyways, how can I not report AP scores to colleges when I apply? Will the omission or presence of low scores affect my chances at my top choice schools(duke, g'town, uva, princeton, penn)? Thanks in advance for any help.

By Gmf05 (Gmf05) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 09:52 pm: Edit

You can choose to withhold AP grades as a service from the College Board. I'm not 100% sure on the price but it's something in the neighborhood of 3-5 dollars per test per college. As for it hurting your chances I really don't know....I'm wondering the same thing myself.

By Sns22022 (Sns22022) on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 08:50 pm: Edit

Yeah I don't want to send mine now. I haven't sent SAT or ACT scores and all that bc I didn't want to do terrible on one and that ruin my chances. I don't know how it all works. I don't think I'm sending AP scores anywhere junior year. I don't want Duke seeing them yet...ESPECIALLY calc AB if I score higher on the AB section of BC next year:)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page