How do you time yourself on the SAT math section with compar

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: How do you time yourself on the SAT math section with compar
By Brum (Brum) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 06:42 pm: Edit

I always seem to find 4 of the "provide your own answer" problems left when time expires on the section that has the comparitives and provide your own answer (30 min).

I'm an excellent math student and really good at math, but for some reason I always run out of time on this particular section.

Any suggestions? Does this happen to any of you guys?

By Sherwin (Sherwin) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 07:27 pm: Edit

Yeah I rarely have time left for the last question or sometimes the last two (but not four), and I would also consider myself a good math student (got an 800 on the actual, but I missed the last one due to time reasons heheh). Maybe you're overthinking the Quant. Comps. (checking if the D-choice is write by trying all kinds of weird things or something like that).

Try going through hastily on a practice test or two and see how many you miss that way.

By Wishful_Thinker (Wishful_Thinker) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 08:50 pm: Edit

on a practice test, try doing the "provide own" answers first. maybe you'll automatically pace yourself afterwards. try it atleast

By Sticksandstones (Sticksandstones) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 09:12 pm: Edit

Brum: You most probably miss some of the last grid-ins because you spend time doing the last quant-comps. Try doing the easy and medium quant comps, then the easy and medium grid-ins. then go back for the hard quant comps and finally the hard grid-ins.it works for me.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page