About NEW S.A.T. I

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: About NEW S.A.T. I
By Soulfulwishing (Soulfulwishing) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 04:01 am: Edit

Hi,
I'm a sophomore, and I have some questions..

Since new SAT I is being introduced next year, for class of 06' and beyond will only count the scores for new SAT when sending application to the universities??

Or old (current) one would still count?

And lastly...
when sending your SAT score to the colleges, do you only send out your best verbal and math score or has to send out every test i took but they look at the highest score?

By Drusba (Drusba) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 08:47 am: Edit

Each college gets to determine whether they will still take the old SAT and you need to check with those to which you will be applying. Problem currently is that most have not made a determination yet. Some have said they will still take old SAT as long as SAT II writing is also submitted. Others, like the University of California schools, have determined that they will not accept old SAT and you need to submit new one.

When you ask the College Board (which administers SATs) to send the official copy of any one SAT or SAT II score, it automatically sends all of your SAT and SAT II scores to a college. Most high schools also put all your scores on your official high school transcript.

By Wishful_Thinker (Wishful_Thinker) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 08:59 pm: Edit

yes, what drusba said. alot of the colleges will give us a choice but if i were you i'd study for the old one, take it, cross your fingers, and then study for the new one, take it and cross your fingers. ::what i am doing::

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page