Kaplan SAT II Writing Book

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Kaplan SAT II Writing Book
By Dannyferizzle (Dannyferizzle) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 06:03 pm: Edit

hey i got a 740 in the fall on writing PSAT without any prep or antyhing but today i took a practice Kaplan test and i had some difficulty with it (lot wrong) --It wasn't that i found the questions hard but I guess I had forgotten the intricacies of the writing test.

ANyways, did anybody find the Kaplan test on par with or harder than the real thing? Also I think their curve is screwed up because even with a perfect essay, one wrong on MC is a 790?

By Welshie (Welshie) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 06:26 pm: Edit

I'm not much of a writer or English guy but when I took my first two practice tests in the Kaplan's book I got a 590 and a 600 (even being generous on my essays). After that I reworked those test, found out the errors I made on the MCs and just kept reworking the problems in my brain and managed a 700 on the next practice test. Come test day I was pleasantly surprised by how much easier the test was. Granted, this sense of easiness hurt me in the long run (I didn't skip or omit any), I did well on the real thing with a 740. As a comparison, I'd say the real test was easier and asked more basic question/tested more basic concepts and after 3 Kaplan's tests you know what to look for.

Good luck.

By Dannyferizzle (Dannyferizzle) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 07:13 pm: Edit

Wow thanks, that was realy helpful!

I wasn't expecting such a response :-)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page