Confused about the act

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Confused about the act
By 3tufsis (3tufsis) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 06:01 pm: Edit

heyy

I know there are probably many topics like this, but I couldn't exactly find an answer for what I was looking for.

I took the march SATs and got a 1240 (560v/680m) which I wasn't very happy about. I also took the ACTs a week later in April and got a 31 (34 eng/ 31math / 31 reading/ 28 science).

I have the sat2s in bio (score choice, not submiting) and math 1c-620 (not amazing).

Alright so here are the questions!

Do the ACTs weigh the same at colleges as the SATs? (mostly eastern coast colleges).

On college applications do you write down your subscores for the acts? I am applying to communications/journalism programs and so my act english was good!

How do colleges judge the acts? do they use tables to conver them? According to princetonreview.com a 31 = 1380-1400 BUT if I do the math and eng individually then math converts to about a 710 and eng to about a 770 on verbal which gives me a 1480, a lot higher than the 1380-1400

Alright I think that's it! Basically I live in NY and no one really takes the acts and I dont know much about them. I assumed they were easier than the sats because I did so much better, but suppoedly a 31 is a pretty good score. I am planning on applying to pretty much highly selective colleges, so is this good enough?

Thank for your time!

By 3tufsis (3tufsis) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 06:49 pm: Edit

anyone?

By Athlonmj (Athlonmj) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 06:51 pm: Edit

Send your ACT score, don't send the SAT. Colleges say that they put equal consideration into both the ACT and SAT.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page