Conics on the Math IIC

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Conics on the Math IIC
By Wannagostanford (Wannagostanford) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 01:04 pm: Edit

Hey
I'm taking the Math IIC in June and started prepping recently wtih the Barrons book (yeah..I left it a bit late ;) ). I've been working thru the review doing the exercises, but now I'm up to chap. 4. which has conics. I'm international (england) and we study topics in a different order so I'm learning quite a lot of stuff for the sat ii self-study, but the topic on conics was dense, hard to understand and looked impossible!! Do they come up regularly? I heard that Barrons has extraneous material...is this one? Could anyone tell me which topics in Barrons are NOT tested? (For most of the topics I haven't studied, I plug in the graphs on my calculator...but if I don't understand at all I don't feel comfortable doing that).
thanks in advance :)

By Wannagostanford (Wannagostanford) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 02:02 pm: Edit

bump... :) :) any responses really appreciated!

By Billiam2 (Billiam2) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 03:06 pm: Edit

dont worry about it. If it's on the actual test, there'll be maybe one question on conics.

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 05:09 pm: Edit

there are 0-1 conics questions on a test. Plus, all you need to know is how the equations for hyperbolas, elippses, circles, and parabolas look like, and how to find their major and minor axis based on the given equation. Easier than it looks.

By Wannagostanford (Wannagostanford) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 07:19 am: Edit

okay, thank you so much :D

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page